Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Raptors Other than Eagles > Osprey
 Hellgate Canyon MT Osprey Nest 2017
 |  Printable Version
By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM EDT  
Jean

10;42am............... Good morning Hellgate friends! I am in tears this morning! Cry Hanky I am sorry I have not been around for a while, as many of you know I am up to my neck with another nest right now, that doesn't have many posters or zoomers and just had to focus my attentions there. I could see that there were several of you posting so was not concerned about this nest being covered.......you are all so wonderful to have put in so much time here! I have peeked a few times and seen the troubles here..........but I did not realize that the situation was so dire. This is so tragic.............and no words can say how we are all feeling. Louis and Iris...................such an awesome pair...........and sweet chicks now gone. I happened to find a post on FB from Erick:

Click to enlarge:

Click on image to download

Prayers for Iris and Louis.............reading Erick's post I'm learning that there are concerns for Louis. I hope Louis is seen soon.

Hugs to you all..............Big hugs sad

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 01:50 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

11:45 am

Thank you Venus4Paws, that is wonderful....it certainly helps. There are probably lots of folks who have not posted who love this nest, it's kind of addictive.

Jean, I am sorry you have been overburdened on another nest. This turned so rapidly we could hardly blink. It reminds us of what can happen in an instant. We had such a family tragedy recently, i will not go into that. Thanks for bringing forward that post, I went down, down, down the twitter to read it. Interesting that such aggression is highly unusual. i hope it does not happen ever again.

JD, thank you for being here with me so much...it was always a solace to know you were watching too.

Meanwhile, I will be in and out as I can.....At the moment Iris is patiently sitting on the nest, I am sure she knows, but her ties are there. She is a marvel.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 01:56 PM EDT  
Darlene

I am so sad to read all the news of the last few days. I am sad for Iris too. I hope Louis is ok. sadhug

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: stephaniemhood (offline) on Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 02:09 PM EDT  
stephaniemhood

Hi everyone...I don't know what to say about this but to offer a big hug to each and every one of you hug

As from now on, I do hope Louis is alright and that he and Iris can continue to defend their territory as they have. Those babies were shown so much love by their parents during the short time they were here and the way Louis and Iris defended them speaks volumes!

Hugs to everyone here Cry Hanky Big hugs

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
-Native American Proverb

Forum

Alabama

Profile Email   PM

By: Annemie (offline) on Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 03:09 PM EDT  
Annemie

Hi to all lovers of these Ospreys.

I am so sad to see what has happened with this lovely Osprey family and all you dedicated people that have covered this nest so faithfully through thick and thin.
I know exactly what you are going through as I have witnessed personally the death of my beloved Hastings eaglets. Cry Hanky

It takes a long time for us, that love these animals so deeply, to get over this catastrophe.

We don't know the answers to why nature is so cruel but all we can hope for is a better life to come for animals and man kind.

I hope Louis will be alright and I wish that everyone's heart will find healing and that includes our Iris and Louis,

Thank you Erick for your message to us, it helps.

I am sending my love to all of you. Red Heart

hug

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 03:53 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Thank you Annemie, Stephanie, Darlene, Carolyn, Jean and Venus 4Paws for your posts and kind thoughts.
hug

I appreciate your forwarding Dr. Greene's letter, Jean. This has to be crushing for him, his students and all the staff and volunteers that are in love with this family and work so hard on their behalf.

That is a marvelous painting of the chicks, Venus4Paws and I know that Dr. G. is looking for funding next year and I'm wondering if you have or would consider using that as a fund-raiser of some kind. Just a thought.

Yes, we all are hurting today and hoping that Louis and Iris come through this trial. There was another attack on the nest at 10:58 am that drew Louis from his tree perch to the nest and he was knocked off the nest again. Iris had left the nest at that time and after returning for awhile she left for the owl pole where the cam found her calling at 12:25 pm.

1:50 pm Louis is back on his perch in front of the stadium guarding the nest from there. Hopefully these attacks will stop soon, it is very worrisome to say the least. According to the chat Louis caught a fish just before 8 am this morning so his skills as a fisherman remain intact. Smile

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 04:42 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

2:27 pm

Iris is off nest, probably fishing, good for her, she needs it. They of course do not know what the osprey will do, however, I betcha it will be like last year with a gap for a while. They are bonded.

A note to JD, Anemie, Stephanie, Venus4Paws, Jean and Darlene (no order, just as my mind remembers).......Thank you, all this helps, I love this nest.
I deleted twitter from my favorites and only have the nest cam available. That's enough......
You are all the best!
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: Pat P (offline) on Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 06:01 PM EDT  
Pat P

My sad goes out to all the folks that follow this Osprey nest. RIP little ones

Pat Pop

My church is God's great outdoors with all the creatures

Forum

Blue Ridge Va

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:33 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate