Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 - 2017 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, June 10 2017 @ 06:16 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

3:10p
Quiet here ! .One let in the nest and other facing the nest rail
Click on image to download

I checked the archives up to and including 2:48pm and there were no nest visits by the parents since the last feeding at 10:24am

I see someone is moving the N Cam and it isn't me !

BBL

Time Line...June 10.

4:44am .. Dad in with a small fish.. Mom took it ...Gail and I felt Divot had the bite ..It was gone in a jiffy!

6:15a Mom arrives with a fish. Both lets get some of fish and then Divot (?) grabs and swallows the end piece whole before Mom realizes what happens!Mom takes off. Posted by Gail'

7:40 Dad just delivered a tiny fish. One of the lets grabbed it and is trying to self-feed. I am going to login to the south ptz.7:42 It was Divot that had it but Bunker strolled over and took it. Divot is waiting for his chance to steel it back. I notice that Divot has a decent sized crop though! Posted by Darlene .

7:50 am And Divot makes his move and steels the last little bit of fish!Posted by Darlene with a video

Divot makes his move

8:08 Another small fish delivered, I think by dad. Neither eaglet is going for it at the moment! I tried to get the archives between 6 and 7 and they wouldn't load. I am thinking there might have been fish delivered in that time as both eaglets have full crops and are not taking an interest in this fish. Posted by Darlene

8:18 Divot got this one too! Bunker sat on it but wasn't trying to eat it and Divot sauntered over and grabbed it quick and swallowed it whole! Posted by Darlene

I did check the archives form 6-7am and there was no other feeding ..only the one Gail reported .

10:24a Dad in with a nice size bird .Mom plucked it and both lets are stuffed with full crops ..Feeding over at 10:46am.

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: gmorris (offline) on Saturday, June 10 2017 @ 06:22 PM EDT  
gmorris

3:17pm - The lets are snoozing and all is quiet at the nest.

Gail Morris

Forum

Southeastern
Pennsylvania

Profile Email   PM

By: gmorris (offline) on Saturday, June 10 2017 @ 06:49 PM EDT  
gmorris

3:47pm - Mom flies in and is looking for food.
The eaglets wake up and are active now.
No Dad and no food. Mom leaves.

I am signing out at 4:22pm. bbl. No food arrived in the past hour although Mom flew in looking for food.

Gail Morris

Forum

Southeastern
Pennsylvania

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, June 10 2017 @ 08:11 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

5:01pm
I tuned in to see Dad feeding the lets
Dad left after that last s'cap

Sorry the archives are not streaming yet for that time frame and I don't know what Dad brought to the nest >.

I am very tired and I don't think I will be back here later ''.

So far it was a good day on this nest !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time Line...June 10.

4:44am .. Dad in with a small fish.. Mom took it ...Gail and I felt Divot had the bite ..It was gone in a jiffy!

6:15a Mom arrives with a fish. Both lets get some of fish and then Divot (?) grabs and swallows the end piece whole before Mom realizes what happens!Mom takes off. Posted by Gail'

7:40 Dad just delivered a tiny fish. One of the lets grabbed it and is trying to self-feed. I am going to login to the south ptz.7:42 It was Divot that had it but Bunker strolled over and took it. Divot is waiting for his chance to steel it back. I notice that Divot has a decent sized crop though! Posted by Darlene .

7:50 am And Divot makes his move and steels the last little bit of fish!Posted by Darlene with a video

Divot makes his move

8:08 Another small fish delivered, I think by dad. Neither eaglet is going for it at the moment! I tried to get the archives between 6 and 7 and they wouldn't load. I am thinking there might have been fish delivered in that time as both eaglets have full crops and are not taking an interest in this fish. Posted by Darlene

8:18 Divot got this one too! Bunker sat on it but wasn't trying to eat it and Divot sauntered over and grabbed it quick and swallowed it whole! Posted by Darlene

I did check the archives form 6-7am and there was no other feeding ..only the one Gail reported .

10:24a Dad in with a nice size bird .Mom plucked it and both lets are stuffed with full crops ..Feeding over at 10:46am.

5:01pm ..I tuned in to see Dad feeding the lets I don't know what it was and the archives are not streaming for that time frame !

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: gmorris (offline) on Saturday, June 10 2017 @ 08:28 PM EDT  
gmorris

5:27 - I will take a look on the SPTZ for awhile.

5:54pm - It has been quiet in the nest.

Gail Morris

Forum

Southeastern
Pennsylvania

Profile Email   PM

By: SueD (offline) on Saturday, June 10 2017 @ 08:44 PM EDT  
SueD

Quote by: Darlene

10:24 Dad just brought in a good sized bird and mom is defeathering.

Hooray! Variety in the prey menu!Bravo

aka byline ~ 2012

Forum

Nova Scotia, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: gmorris (offline) on Saturday, June 10 2017 @ 09:31 PM EDT  
gmorris

6:29pm - I need to sign off now. The nest is quiet. Thank you to all who posted, observed and zoomed here today.

Gail Morris

Forum

Southeastern
Pennsylvania

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Saturday, June 10 2017 @ 10:07 PM EDT  
Darlene

It has been quiet since i got home an hour ago. My recording didn't work because I was out of space for it. Will clean it up and record for the evening as I am home finally.

7:06 Eaglets peeping and I hear an adult calling! Getting dinner but will clean up and record.

i

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 01:00 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate