The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Delta #2 ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 Delta 2 2016/2017 Cam discussions
 |  Printable Version
By: Jean (offline) on Friday, April 14 2017 @ 11:54 PM EDT  
Jean

Quote by: karenbills

Unfortunately we have had this happen previously with heartbreaking results at our Lafarge nest. The chick was only able to get halfway out of the shell and died after two days of struggling. It was so sad. However, as Larry has pointed out, the eaglet at Harrison Mills managed to get out of a double shell last year. So we will have to wait and see.

I did send David Hancock a screenshot of the egg but I won't call him to get an opinion while he is so freshly in mourning for his wife Mary.

8:36 p.m. - Ma gets up and you can see the second chick with the egg shell on its back. C'mon baby.

Thank you Karen, don't know if you've read my email from earlier tonight.............thanks for letting us know about the past history of our nests and that this has happened here before. We can only hope for the best here......but if it doesn't work out we should prepare for that too.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, April 15 2017 @ 12:36 AM EDT  
Jean

9:36pm.....Not sure if it was wishful thinking on my part........did I just see 2 chicks? Or could have been still 1 chick and one egg?

Click on image to download

Lavender, did you see what was there?? Archives won't be ready for some time.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, April 15 2017 @ 12:47 AM EDT  
Jean

9:46pm............Zoomer just zoomed in the cam as Ma lifted up.............I have no s'cap but am pretty sure there were 2 chicks there!! I will have to wait for the Archives if no one posts.

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Saturday, April 15 2017 @ 12:52 AM EDT  
Darlene

Yeah, the little one is finally out of the shell!

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, April 15 2017 @ 01:04 AM EDT  
Jean

Quote by: Darlene

Yeah, the little one is finally out of the shell!

Thank you Darlene! Big hugs I have been waiting for the Archives to confirm what I thought I had seen! I am beyond happy that our 2nd chick has arrived! Cheers WooHoo Welcome to the world little one, we have been waiting for you! We are so relieved! Both chicks hatched again on the same day!!

I am pretty sure that I saw them both at 9:35pm. so will take that as the official time unless someone finds an earlier time. I even thought I saw Ma move the shell aside.........Now the Archives are not working for me at all, so will have to confirm that time tomorrow, unless someone else does it.

It has been a long day here............I'm off to bed. sleepy

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: marilynfromkentucky (offline) on Saturday, April 15 2017 @ 01:08 AM EDT  
marilynfromkentucky

:Hello everyone: maybe 2 Egg hatch Egg hatch I screen shot this picture what do you think , Click on image to download click on the picture for time and date thanks later all Big hugs

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, April 15 2017 @ 01:09 AM EDT  
Jean

Quote by: marilynfromkentucky

:Hello everyone: maybe 2 Egg hatch Egg hatch I screen shot this picture what do you think , click on the picture for time and date thanks later all Big hugs

Byebye Thanks Marilyn! Great to see you here and even better to see your confirmation too!

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Saturday, April 15 2017 @ 01:29 AM EDT  
karenbills

So you think the shell is no longer attached? I can't tell from these screenshots but it definitely looks better than it did earlier. Off to my own nest now as well. Hopefully the chick will be fully free by morning if not already.

Thanks to everyone documenting the arrivals of Ma and Pa's offspring for 2017.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

All times are EST. The time is now 03:23 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate