https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Journi (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 02:51 PM EDT  
Journi

Hi! Does anyone know if E9 finished that fish before s'he flew onto one of the nest tree branches? Dunno I walked away for a moment and when I came back there was nothing in the nest...then I saw E9 on one of the branches. I don't think E9 finished that fish, looked like s'he was taking time eating the fish.

Well, I went over to the other forum and the report was that E9 ate the whole "live" fish! Then E9 moved away from the nest. I see all of those bugs in the nest....I'd move too!Don't Panic

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 03:35 PM EDT  
Sandy_W

Click on image to download
Family Sunday afternoon hang out time.

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 03:55 PM EDT  
Journi

3 In The Nest TreeSitting eagle

E9 is in the nest eating a fish.Fish

(If you click onto the picture, the picture will be enlarged.)

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Journi (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 04:43 PM EDT  
Journi

"All by myself, I ate the fish, All by myself....now...nap time is calling...."Sleepy

After E9 ate the entire fish, E9 tried to keep his/her eyes open, but just couldn't do it. Eyes are closed here while swaying gently in the tree.....

Forum

Profile     PM

By: JodyKSam (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 05:35 PM EDT  
JodyKSam

Quote by: Laniebelle

Quote by: JodyKSam

Quote by: Sandy_W

Sad Eagle news. Not sure who follows the Trio of Eagles at the Mississippi Refuge but know it was mentioned in the morning chat. Information was posted the the Stewards of Upper Mississippi Refuge Facebook page. It seems the nest experienced a horrible event last night with one of the Eagles apparently trying to defend the nest from another Eagle is lost. If anyone wishes the information, it can be read at their FB page or I can post. Wasn't sure if I should or not. The cam has been turned off. Positive thoughts for these two babies and remaining parents and for the personnel at the Refuge. Mother Nature can be so cruel but so loving at the same time.

Oh no... Sad

Hi, Sandy and Jody and others

Much better news this morning on the Trio nest (Stewards). Yesterday afternoon, it looked pretty dismal with the two eaglets shivering alone in the nest. Still no news of the Mom who flew off to protect her nest against the attacking intruder eagle. Good news this morning is that both eaglets survived the night. This morning, both Valor 1 and Valor 2 were on the nest. The eaglets have been fed and trying to keep them warm. It is rainy again. I hope today will be a much, much better day for these two precious ones, and that they will have the strength to survive and thrive.

You can see some great photos of the Dads and two eaglets on Stewards FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/stewardsoftheu ... verrefuge/

Wow, that is really encouraging. It really is something to have the two Dads because of the Mama eagle missing - nice how that just worked itself out as one lone eagle could never care for 2 little ones at one time. Thank you so much for the SCAPs and also for the update!!

Jody

Trust the Eagles ... always trust the eagles!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JodyKSam (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 05:42 PM EDT  
JodyKSam

PREY4U -- Cyn ---

That is AMAZING ... I just love your top 10 lessons...I wish everyone else could see it. I was thinking we should have the mods put a link to this chatters nest forum every so often so others can join in.

I've missed you and so glad you're back! So thankful that Mary provided us with a place to connect that doesn't take away from the Nest Updates.

Well...last day of spring break for me and I need to get back to my lesson planning....boy will I ever miss seeing E9 nearly 24/7 after today.....

Trust the Eagles ... always trust the eagles!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Kathy M. (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 06:31 PM EDT  
Kathy M.

PREY4U -- Cyn ---

That is AMAZING ... I just love your top 10 lessons...I wish everyone else could see it. I was thinking we should have the mods put a link to this chatters nest forum every so often so others can join in.

I've missed you and so glad you're back! So thankful that Mary provided us with a place to connect that doesn't take away from the Nest Updates.

Well...last day of spring break for me and I need to get back to my lesson planning....boy will I ever miss seeing E9 nearly 24/7 after today.....

Don't know what ages or classes you teach; but, have you had your class participate in one of the online chats about this nest that the mods have on the CAM site?

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking...

Forum

Central Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Kathy M. (offline) on Sunday, March 26 2017 @ 06:33 PM EDT  
Kathy M.

Quote by: Laniebelle

Quote by: Sandy_W

Sad Eagle news. Not sure who follows the Trio of Eagles at the Mississippi Refuge but know it was mentioned in the morning chat. Information was posted the the Stewards of Upper Mississippi Refuge Facebook page. It seems the nest experienced a horrible event last night with one of the Eagles apparently trying to defend the nest from another Eagle is lost. If anyone wishes the information, it can be read at their FB page or I can post. Wasn't sure if I should or not. The cam has been turned off. Positive thoughts for these two babies and remaining parents and for the personnel at the Refuge. Mother Nature can be so cruel but so loving at the same time.

Oh no... Sad

Hi, Sandy and Jody and others

Much better news this morning on the Trio nest (Stewards). Yesterday afternoon, it looked pretty dismal with the two eaglets shivering alone in the nest. Still no news of the Mom who flew off to protect her nest against the attacking intruder eagle. Good news this morning is that both eaglets survived the night. This morning, both Valor 1 and Valor 2 were on the nest. The eaglets have been fed and trying to keep them warm. It is rainy again. I hope today will be a much, much better day for these two precious ones, and that they will have the strength to survive and thrive.

You can see some great photos of the Dads and two eaglets on Stewards FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/stewardsoftheu ... verrefuge/

Wow, that is really encouraging. It really is something to have the two Dads because of the Mama eagle missing - nice how that just worked itself out as one lone eagle could never care for 2 little ones at one time. Thank you so much for the SCAPs and also for the update!!

Jody

Isn't it incredible how this has worked out? Has there been a sighting of the Mom yet?

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking...

Forum

Central Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:22 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate