You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
  Fort St. Vrain 2016-2017 season
 |  Printable Version
By: golden1 (offline) on Friday, February 17 2017 @ 12:56 PM EST  
golden1

9:31am Parents are off the nest.
9:36am One parent lands up on the perch above. Mom is incoming at 6 0"clock.
Click on image to download

She goes over to the nest bowl, moves nesting material, aerates, rolls the egg and settles.

10:06am Parent is off again.
10:34am She is standing at 11 and the egg is in view.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Friday, February 17 2017 @ 08:56 PM EST  
golden1

This is out of sequence~~Mom lays 2nd egg at 5:55pm Dad came in with nesting materials while she was all fluffed up and in labor. It was like he didn't know what was happening. He stayed and left just before she laid the egg.
About 5 min after she had settled over the 2 eggs something upset her at the top left of the nest and she was up vocalizing and after whatever she saw. Since then she has been settled.

Video Camera Thank You Elfruler Elf arrival of second egg https://youtu.be/x7iFh7gu40g

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Friday, February 17 2017 @ 10:47 PM EST  
golden1

While the eagles switched off and on today, they were also on the nest together more often than I usually see once an egg is laid. In the morning Dad incubated until it was warmer. By noon it was 65 degrees. The eagles did not incubate much again until later in the afternoon when it began to cool down again. During mom's morning turn on the nest, she was upset by the magpies that kept coming near the food at the bottom of the nest. She actually chased them off the nest at one time. While she was on the nest Dad delivered several sticks and brought in more nesting material too.

When Dad came in to relieve Mom, he preened and moved around the nest moving sticks up on the fence. He went up to the perch over 7 o'clock for a little while. During his afternoon duty as it turned cooler he began to incubate the egg again. It has been so warm that it has not been necessary to incubate all the time. With this weather it has been more like what happens at the Florida nests.

At 5:25pm Mom became quite antsy. She rolled the egg and turned around up and down 6 times by 5:43pm She was up and turning 2 more times before she went into labor at 5:49 or so. Dad arrives with nesting material as the contractions begin. The egg was laid at 5:55pm This video will show you the egg laying Video Camera Thank You Elfruler https://youtu.be/x7iFh7gu40g Dad stayed on the nest until right before the egg was laid. Then he left.

6:09pm Mom is standing again. At 6:18pm She is calling loudly and off the egg bowl so fast. She heads to the top left of the nest, wings spread and calling. Another observer heard raccoons. So perhaps one was peeking up over the fence. Dad arrived up on the 7 o'clock perch. He stayed there for about 8 minutes and left. He is probably nearby.

6:46pm Mom is asleep again.

6:00pm A tired Mom

6:18pm Mom up and loud vocals. She is being very defensive.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Saturday, February 18 2017 @ 10:42 AM EST  
golden1

February 18, 2016

Good morning. What an exciting night with the second egg arriving. Mom did settle into a good tucked sleep by 10:00pm when I turned off the computer.

6:10am Mom is up and calling. She is quiet again.
6:11am She goes up to the perch over 7 0'clock.
6:13am I am not sure which eagle returned but it went to the nest bowl, rolled the egg, settled and pulled up nesting material.

6:10am Mom ready to go up to the perch.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: Litz (offline) on Saturday, February 18 2017 @ 01:26 PM EST  
Litz

Well now their are 2. So egg citing
Read on your post Golden 1 of mom calling loudly. I don't seem to have audio. Do I have to press something to get it? I only see the arrow for the picture. All help is greatly appreciated.
Mom and Dad are doing a fantastic job as well as those who visit her and post.
Thanks,
Jude

Forum

Profile     PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Saturday, February 18 2017 @ 01:35 PM EST  
golden1

Hi Jude

I had to engage the sound at the bottom right. It was turned down. See if that works.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: Litz (offline) on Saturday, February 18 2017 @ 02:34 PM EST  
Litz

Hi again Donna,
I just checked there And auto recommended is checked. I have my sound all the way up. Still no sound. I'm on excel energy bird cam. I'm going to keep,trying. I love hearing the eagles.
Thanks.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Sunday, February 19 2017 @ 11:04 AM EST  
golden1

February 19, 2017

Good morning to all who watch this nest. We are getting a few more peeks at the 2 eggs.

7:08am to 8:00am Dad is incubating the egg. He rolled the eggs and is still incubating.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:03 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate