Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
  Hastings Street/PNE Nest, Vancouver - 2015 - 2017
 |  Printable Version
By: sctth4 (offline) on Friday, January 06 2017 @ 04:10 PM EST  
sctth4

not sure why but both eagles hanging around old nest, just sitting there getting snowed on. One flew off to new nest on other side of hastings.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Saturday, January 07 2017 @ 02:24 PM EST  
stim

Hi Scott. Good to hear the eagles are in the area. Likely checking out the best site for a nest if they haven't done so already. I've been wondering if they are rebuilding in the same area again. Hoping for a much better season for them this year. They deserve it! Left thumb up

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sctth4 (offline) on Saturday, March 18 2017 @ 04:29 PM EDT  
sctth4

There has been an eagle in the nest for about a week now, seems to be on track.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Steamer (offline) on Saturday, March 18 2017 @ 05:20 PM EDT  
Steamer

Quote by: sctth4

There has been an eagle in the nest for about a week now, seems to be on track.

What nest Scott? Which location? Back at the old original cottonwood trees? New location across the street?

Thank You

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Steamer (offline) on Saturday, March 18 2017 @ 07:13 PM EDT  
Steamer

Annemie and I spotted it Cool Further down the line of firs heading east from the ill fated nest that fell down on the PNE grounds.

Looks impressive in a strong location on the upper tree but again not happy about it being over the road and sidewalk NO

I wish them the best though! fingers crossed

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Saturday, March 18 2017 @ 08:00 PM EDT  
stim

Thank you for the update Scott and Stan. I do wish them the very best success this year. fingers crossed I know you suffer deeply as well when they have a nest failure. hug

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Steamer (offline) on Saturday, March 18 2017 @ 08:16 PM EDT  
Steamer

It looked similar to the shape and strength of the Pandora nest Sandra. Also similar in having a canopy above for the bad weather Left thumb up

Just wish it wasn't near the road and sidewalk again but I'm glad they stuck it out for another go Smile

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Steamer (offline) on Saturday, March 18 2017 @ 09:44 PM EDT  
Steamer

Took a return walk with the binoculars and from the top of the parking lot on the south side of Hastings St. the one eagle head I saw on the center of the nest stuck out like a sore thumb in direct sunlight....easy spot.

Took a walk to view the nest from every possible angle looking North from the South side of Hastings St. Very impressed with the nest location and construction this time. The nest is built on multiple large and strong branches. I would venture to say that David Hancock would give them the "seal of approval" for getting it right this time Grin Viewed from underneath its one solid looking nest Left thumb up

For those who know the location of the ill fated nest on the PNE grounds it is exactly 2 fir trees down heading east from that fallen, long gone nest.

Will try to get Annemie and the camera over tomorrow for some shots to share with everyone.

Oh by the way the single eagle on the new nest was sitting down in the exact same spot during my entire visit.....looks like egg time fingers crossed

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:27 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate