https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, August 17 2016 @ 02:05 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Thanks Michelle for your post...hug we have best team ever .

I like this Quote.

Team means Together Everyone Achieves More! ~Author Unknown
11:05am
I hear the workers using what sounds like a chain saw

I am out for a few mins.

I have the N Cam on Patrol !

11:33am
I think I will sign of for a while.

I am off the NPTZ Cam .. I have the embedded cams streaming with the volume on high

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Marg (offline) on Wednesday, August 17 2016 @ 02:34 PM EDT  
Marg

Quote by: Windsong

Quote by: IrishEyes

Thank you !

I think we all can say that Sandy, Mom and Dad have left the area and are on their journey.. God speed Sandy love Fly free , have a long and happy life with plenty of fish.... and we will see you Mom and and Dad Honeycomb in October ..Red Heart Hope you both have lots of R and R and happy fishing.. ! You are the stars of this nest... we all love you so much !

The Timeline is up to date in the opening post of this thread..

HERE

I want to say thank you to Yolande, Judy B , Michelle, Darlene, Gail, Sue, Karen , Marg, Sandy , newfie, Pat and all who spent many hours in documenting this nest for Davids research! and what an excellent job you all did.. thank you also to all who zoomed here and did videos.. .. hug

A special thank you to you Judy B for all your informative posts , encouragement and words of wisdom and answering so many questions.. hug

Karen... Thank you for keeping us up to date with your links and knowledge of the H Mills area . hug

Thank you all who posted here and esp. to the new members ... you are all appreciated and we all hope you will continue to post here.. hug

I would like to add that while it is disappointing that Sandy didn't return to the nest ,, we can all take comfort in the fact that the morning Sandy fledged he was a healthy, strong , confident beautiful young juvie and headed right toward the trees in the valley area to be close to Mom and Dad . where i think that he longed to be for many days before he fledged and I think he was fed by Mom and Dad off nest and followed them around.. we heard him a few times.. Smile and we cannot forget Piper .. H/ H life was short but meaningful . sad... Fly Free sweetie like the eagle you were meant to be.. Ever remembered ... Ever loved.. Red Heart

A Big Thank you to you Ken for keeping our cams streaming !

Looking forward to another season with all of you and Mom and Dad Honeycomb.. Smile

This nest thread will remain open for all who want to zoom and post here..

Thank you all again .. If I missed some one it was not intentional ... hug

Thank you Bev, you said all so beautifully. That is exactly how I feel to. I miss our eagle friends, but at the same time I am so excited about what the future will bring. And you have been a wonderful moderator and support of this thread/nest. So thank you right back at you Bravo

Thank you Bev for your beautiful post you have done a wonderful job documenting and posting on this thread along with all the other people that you have mentioned. I have been watching Harrison Mills since the start. I have visited and stayed in the area several times with my family and Pat Beall from England. Grin It is truly beautiful. We hope to go in November to the FVBEF and meet up with other HWF members.

I took these pictures in November 2014 when we were at the FVBEF, we were staying in one of the Sandpiper cottages and I saw Ma/Pa Honeycomb perched at the top of these two trees (they were close to the cottage). I thought that you might like to see the pictures.

Click on image to download

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, August 17 2016 @ 02:40 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: Marg

Q

:[/p][/QUOTE]

Thank you Bev for your beautiful post you have done a wonderful job documenting and posting on this thread along with all the other people that you have mentioned. I have been watching Harrison Mills since the start. I have visited and stayed in the area several times with my family and Pat Beall from England. Grin It is truly beautiful. We hope to go in November to the FVBEF and meet up with other HWF members.

I took this picture in November 2014 when we were at the FVBEF, we were staying in one of the Sandpiper cottages and I saw Ma/Pa Honeycomb perched on these two trees. I thought that you might like to see the picture.

[/p][/QUOTE]

Thanks Marg...WOW! that is a beautiful picture you posed ..I love it...Red HeartI will link it to the opening post of this thread along with Yolande's

It is here Marg

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=811612#811612

!

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, August 17 2016 @ 02:51 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

11:51am
N Cam is on the nest

BBL..

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Marg (offline) on Wednesday, August 17 2016 @ 03:00 PM EDT  
Marg

Thank you Bev, I added another one. Red Heart

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, August 17 2016 @ 03:20 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: Marg

Thank you Bev, I added another one. Red Heart

You are welcome Marg... How wonderful to see Mom and Dad Honeycomb perched on the tree tops above the nest ! ... love

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, August 17 2016 @ 06:11 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

5:10pm
Nothing new to report here that i know off..... It is a beautiful day on H Mills

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Wednesday, August 17 2016 @ 07:09 PM EDT  
Yolande

Hi everyonewave It was wonderful to read all your thoughts in your posts today! You've said it so well, Bev, Gail, Michelle, Marg, and Pat Thank You

It's hard to come to the end of our season with the Honeycombs! There were so many highlights - eggs, hatches, self feeding, branching, and fledging. But there was also the everyday pleasure and privilege of being able to watch Sandy grow and develop, and to observe interactions between the adults, and the adults and Sandy - fascinating, instructive, and often amusing too! I sure had lots of chuckles at Sandy's antics LOL Thank-you Hancock Wildlife Foundation for making that possible for all of us!

And thank-you everyone, [long-time and new friends], for the hours you have spent here, making sure the eagles were well documented, and sharing your insights, observations, and knowledge. You are all so incredibly generous with your time, expertise, and help, and I, too, feel fortunate [and grateful!] to have been part of this family of eagles and eagle lovers Big hugs

And special thanks to you, Bev, for being such a wonderful and welcoming moderator - and for recording and sharing so much historical and background information about the Honeycombs and their families. You tie everything together, and provide a terrific continuity from season to season - and, added to that, the many, many hours you spend zooming and observing!

Thank-you and Bravo [X2]

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:25 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate