You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2016 Observations and Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, August 02 2016 @ 07:56 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: Windsong

Thanks everyone for the video and s'caps. I was at work when Sandy started the journey back. Loved seeing Sandy get back to nest. And really loved the s'caps of Sandy lying on side with foot out. 👍

You are welcome Windsong !

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, August 02 2016 @ 08:00 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

4:59pm
Sandy is picking at nest overs. U dud www a food drop !
Click on image to download

BBL..I hope and if i am not.... Goodnight to this beautiful Eagle family.. so happy Sandy made it back to the nest. love... and to all who posted and zoomed here today.. hug

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: alicia (offline) on Tuesday, August 02 2016 @ 08:10 PM EDT  
alicia

Hello Alicia, fellow lurker and DC eagle fanatic. Been watching Sandy since DC eaglets fledged. Beautiful eaglet. Hurray for Sandy making it back to the nest. I check in on her/him each morning at 5am EST (2am Sandy time), she/he is usually up and having a nice preen for about 10-15min, then lays back down for a snooze. And here I thought only people got up in the middle of the night. Lol. If I figure out how to convert my screen caps on iPad to proper format, will post a 2am preen.

Hi Windsong! I have been watching her since she was about two, or maybe three weeks old and she captured my heart! I am a huge DC eagle nut LOL. I fell head over heals with "Free" - I am in a private group with my other DC friends and I got them watching Sandy right now Smile So they are cheering her on! They are supporting me since I am the one that followed her for awhile now. A few of them checked in with her now and again the past couple of months - but now I have many more that are following her near her journey's end and we are truly thrilled that she made it safely to the nest. She gave us a huge worry yesterday. I am a night owl so I always enjoyed keeping a tab on Sandy and listen to her chirp - very soothing. Thank you for the sweet welcome! <3 PS: Dr. Christian Sasse is FABULOUS. If you have Facebook, I recommend getting notifications for his live feed.

May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.
Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: alicia (offline) on Tuesday, August 02 2016 @ 08:12 PM EDT  
alicia

Quote by: IrishEyes

Quote by: Yolande

Quote by: alicia

Do you think that they may prune or cut those spruce branches that are in the way of Cam 2 next season? Not sure if that has been mentioned.... Thanks!

They are annoying, aren't they Alicia! Plans for the nest are being considered, and hopefully, we'll hear soon about what we can look forward to for next season.

Excellent. Thank you! Yes, very annoying - it made it hard to watch all season...I had to just turn it off because it was hard to see her. Thank you I hope something can be done! (Lurker, here LOL- DC Eagle Fanatic, but followed Sandy and Ace, mostly Sandy)

LOL I think most of us started out as lurkers Smile [I sure did!] - and happy you are posting here! I added to my reply - just to say that someone else may have a more complete answer for you.

Welcome Alicia.. We are so happy to have you post here,. you are doing great
Thanks you Yolande. for your response.. the only thing I would like to add is that takes money to clean the cams and do the maintenance work of them
Judy B is in the process of and will be posting about that soon on all the HWF nest threads [she already posted on Detla ]and i am sure Judy will add to this when she has time.. she has a full time job and can only do so much.. it is amazing what she does do !! Thank you Judy !

Thank you so much for the welcome! I totally understand the Web Cam funding. We have been doing that a lot for the DC Eagle Cam. I look forward to seeing what is needed for HWF and how people can help! I followed Ace too. Sweet baby.....

May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.
Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Windsong (offline) on Tuesday, August 02 2016 @ 08:44 PM EDT  
Windsong

Quote by: IrishEyes

Do you think that they may prune or cut those spruce branches that are in the way of Cam 2 next season? Not sure if that has been mentioned.... Thanks!

They are annoying, aren't they Alicia! Plans for the nest are being considered, and hopefully, we'll hear soon about what we can look forward to for next season.

Excellent. Thank you! Yes, very annoying - it made it hard to watch all season...I had to just turn it off because it was hard to see her. Thank you I hope something can be done! (Lurker, here LOL- DC Eagle Fanatic, but followed Sandy and Ace, mostly Sandy)

LOL I think most of us started out as lurkers Smile [I sure did!] - and happy you are posting here! I added to my reply - just to say that someone else may have a more complete answer for you.

Welcome Alicia.. We are so happy to have you post here,. you are doing great
Thanks you Yolande. for your response.. the only thing I would like to add is that takes money to clean the cams and do the maintenance work of them
Judy B is in the process of and will be posting about that soon on all the HWF nest threads [she already posted on Detla ]and i am sure Judy will add to this when she has time.. she has a full time job and can only do so much.. it is amazing what she does do !! Thank you Judy !

Thank you so much for the welcome! I totally understand the Web Cam funding. We have been doing that a lot for the DC Eagle Cam. I look forward to seeing what is needed for HWF and how people can help! I followed Ace too. Sweet baby.....

count me in too, can,t wait to see how we can help wave

Fly like an eagle, and touch the sky!
AKA PatPetzing.

Forum

Virginia, USA

Profile     PM

By: Windsong (offline) on Tuesday, August 02 2016 @ 08:57 PM EDT  
Windsong

If possible and someone is on north cam, could you please shift so we can see Sandy. Grin

AKA PatPetzing.

Forum

Virginia, USA

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, August 02 2016 @ 09:12 PM EDT  
JudyB

Welcome, alicia and Windsong - and thanks for your posts!

Here's a link to a post with information about how to add photos - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=6#6 - and I'm looking forward to some late night shots of Sandy! I was also very surprised when I learned that eaglets often got up in the middle of the night for a stretch or a snack or a trip to the bathroom - just like me! There's a link for "helpful hints" in my signature line - we do have fairly uncommon forum software - and forums in general are different than Facebook or Chat.

If possible and someone is on north cam, could you please shift so we can see Sandy. Grin

Done!

But unless we get a zoomer who can stay awake later than I can, I'll probably move it back before I leave. We can see Sandy (more or less) on the South cam, so having the North cam look at the branches where he's been perching will let us know if he decides to spend the night there after his evening nap. love

And David Hancock knows we'd all love to have the pesky branch that blocks the view from the South cam removed - but that (and a lot more) will depend on the resources available for cam maintenance and upgrades this year.

Which with a bit of luck will lead into my next post - and thanks so much for offering to help keep the cams streaming.
Bravo

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Windsong (offline) on Tuesday, August 02 2016 @ 09:21 PM EDT  
Windsong

Quote by: JudyB

Welcome, alicia and Windsong - and thanks for your posts!

Here's a link to a post with information about how to add photos - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=6#6 - and I'm looking forward to some late night shots of Sandy! I was also very surprised when I learned that eaglets often got up in the middle of the night for a stretch or a snack or a trip to the bathroom - just like me! There's a link for "helpful hints" in my signature line - we do have fairly uncommon forum software - and forums in general are different than Facebook or Chat.

Done!

But unless we get a zoomer who can stay awake later than I can, I'll probably move it back before I leave. We can see Sandy (more or less) on the South cam, so having the North cam look at the branches where he's been perching will let us know if he decides to spend the night there after his evening nap. love

And David Hancock knows we'd all love to have the pesky branch that blocks the view from the South cam removed - but that (and a lot more) will depend on the resources available for cam maintenance and upgrades this
year.

Which with a bit of luck will lead into my next post - and thanks so much for offering to help keep the cams streaming.
Bravo

Thanks for the tips, also thanks for explains about the cam. I only have sound on north cam, and can only watch one cam at a time, so I mostly watch north cam.

Appreciate all the wonderful moderators and cam operators, you really are wonderful. Hope you have a nice evening. sleepy

AKA PatPetzing.

Forum

Virginia, USA

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:36 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate