Just a few I took of the lunch.
Click on image to download
The company and food was great and was nice to meet our new members
Melanie and Michelle and Tony
Cheers
LSitting eagle

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Mission

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Tuesday, March 22 2016 @ 11:51 PM EDT  
karenbills

Well another year went by quickly and it was time for our Spring Break Lunch with the Bunch. This time we gathered in Vancouver at the Original Joe's on Cambie St. The rain let up just as we arrived and found free parking on the street so that was a bonus. We didn't even have to go into the free parking lot at the city hall. I had made reservations for 16 but we wound up with 12 as some of us were not able to attend at the last minute. The food was great and so was the view of the north shore mountains but would have been even nicer on a sunny day.

Here's from left to right - Yolande/yojopro, Christine/Eastvan Girl, Sandra/stim, David/Mr. stim, Darlene/lovethebabies, Linda/LindaP Please click on the photos twice to see them full screensize.

Darlene, Heather/shrub, Larry/urban eagle, Jean/mjb

Sandra, Heather and Yolande

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: karenbills (offline) on Tuesday, March 22 2016 @ 11:53 PM EDT  
karenbills

David Hancock/davidh and Des/newfie

David's environmental award presented to him by the Abbotsford/Chilliwack Rotary Club last week. He wanted to bring it to the lunch because he says it belongs to all of us at HWF.

So now it's Darlene's turn to post her pictures here.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Yolande (offline) on Wednesday, March 23 2016 @ 11:19 PM EDT  
Yolande

Thanks for posting your snaps, Karen - we did find lots to talk about - and laugh about!

Nice to meet our new members Christine and Des, and to see them posting [Yay Christine and Des Left thumb up]

And great to see some 'old friends' too! Congrats again to David on your award!

Thank-you Karen - for organizing our get-together - lots of fun Thank You

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Friday, March 25 2016 @ 02:30 PM EDT  
karenbills

I am looking for a volunteer to organize our next Lunch Bunch. Do you live somewhere in the Lower Mainland? Would you like to have a lunch in your area? Then I need you to pick an appropriate restaurant that can handle group seating, hopefully have free or convenient parking and a menu that is not too pricey, pick the date and time, make the reservations and post announcements in the appropriate forum threads.

Since I have the email addresses of all of our HWF members, I will also contact a few personally to make sure they know about the lunch.

Once you have the official headcount you can contact the restaurant and make up the name tags. I have long wished that we could have monthly lunches but even quarterly would be nice. There are a lot of impromptu lunches throughout the year where a few of us get together but the official ones need organizing. Our get-togethers are a great way to meet other members and discuss upcoming projects.

I am also looking for members to help man our HWF display booths but I only want people who are actively watching our cams and can talk knowledgeably to the public that come to our table to learn about HWF and our cameras, etc.

We are now in our 11th year of eagle nest webcams and some of our original volunteers are either no longer with us or have run out of enthusiasm to continue helping like they did in the past.

If anyone is interested in giving a hand to help us promote public awareness of bald eagles, please contact me.

karen@hancockwildlife.org

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Marg (offline) on Tuesday, May 10 2016 @ 10:31 PM EDT  
Marg

Hi everyone.

We are planning a Lunch with the Bunch to be held at Porpoise Bay, Sechelt on June 13, 2016. David Hancock, Biologist and Karen Bills his Project Coordinator will be attending. We have had several luncheons here on the Sunshine Coast the first one was in 2007 and the last one was July 3, 2012 so time to have another one! The lunch will be at the Lighthouse Pub in Porpoise Bay at 1pm. Click here

To get here you will take a ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale, the ferry leaves at 11:30am and arrives in Langdale at 12:10pm. If there are any walk ons we will be able to pick up a few people at Langdale ferry terminal and take them back to the ferry. Ferry schedule Click here

(If you need driving directions I will send them.)

We have a few new nests, one of them is in a tree at Porpoise Bay its located close to where we will have our lunch. After lunch well have a tour of some of our nests.

If you are able to attend please reply to this thread and I will put your name on the list, thanks. We hope you can make it as we have a lot of fun at these luncheons. Were looking forward to seeing you all on the beautiful Sunshine Coast!Grin
wave

Marg sunshinecoast

LIST OF ATTENDEES

David Hancock Biologist
Karen Bills Project Coordinator

Marg/sunshinecoast
Earl/Mr. sunshinecoast

John Scott (Marg/Earl's neighbour)

Sandra/stim
David/Mr. Stim

Liisa/LiisaLadybug
Bob/Liisa's hubby

Jean/mjb

Linda/Linda/P

Pat/PatE

Aspen

Karen Holland/Mushka

Angela Kroning

Heather/Shrub

Sharon/gemini

Annemie

more names will be added...........

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Wednesday, May 11 2016 @ 10:33 AM EDT  
stim

Well done Marg, getting this planned while I abscond to the other side of the continent! Wooh I feel like I've abandoned you.
Count David and me in with 1 or 2 cars as needed. We can each take 3 passengers from and back to the ferry.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Liisa (offline) on Wednesday, May 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM EDT  
Liisa

Hi Marg!

Count Bob and I in for the lunch! We can't wait! Thank You

Liisa

aka LiisaLadyBug

Forum

Abbotsford, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 06:44 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate