You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans Eagle Cam, Turtle Bay, CA - Bald Eagle Cam - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, June 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

wave Hey JudyB and mykitters!!!
Thanks for checking in with us~always great to hear from both of you!

Eagle Eye and I went down to scope things out last night and we picked out 3 good spots for our spotting scopes to be set up next week. It was slim-pickins to find 3 spots but I think we'll be good!

We hung up a sign, too, letting folks who use that trail on a regular basis know about our fun event!

I'm thrilled for you to use one of my pics for your screensaver mykitters! I ordered some postcards for the event using one of my pics of Patriot perched in the family tree. I thought it might make a nice souvenir for folks to take home!
So glad you and the kidders will be there at 7pm!!! Eagle Eye can only be there for the 10am event, so I could use more help at that one!
Here's a pic of 2 eaglets in the nest yesterday around 5pm...
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: MM () on Thursday, June 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM EDT  
Anonymous: MM

It looks like DH and I will make it to Fledge-fest.Left thumb up Campground reservations have been made!Clapping

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Friday, June 11 2010 @ 01:25 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

WhistlingGlad to hear you will be able to attend MM. Where are you coming from? Very cool Cool

Just to clarify. I think the third eaglet was lying down in the nest when eaglewoman took that last picture she posted. Is that right, eaglewoman?

By: Anonymous: MM () on Friday, June 11 2010 @ 03:09 AM EDT  
Anonymous: MM

Quote by: Eagle Eye

WhistlingGlad to hear you will be able to attend MM. Where are you coming from? Very cool Cool

Just to clarify. I think the third eaglet was lying down in the nest when eaglewoman took that last picture she posted. Is that right, eaglewoman?

Eagle Eye..I drove up last month and met Speedy & Eaglewoman for the day.Left thumb up We will be coming from the Sacramento region and staying on the Sacramento River at the JGW RV Park LOL...I am looking forward to being near the water and seeing the other waterfowl near the campground while relaxing on Thursday.Nodding yes

By: Anonymous: Skipper () on Friday, June 11 2010 @ 07:55 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Skipper

Hi wave

I haven't been watching the CalTrans family much this year as I volunteered to be the administrator for the Sidney Eagles Facebook page and that's been keeping me busy.Grin

But I thought I'd drop in to wish everyone a successful FledgeFest 2010. Wub

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Friday, June 11 2010 @ 11:22 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Look forward to meeting you out there, MM. Thanks for driving up for our (mostly eaglewoman's) event!

Hey, Skipper, thanks for stopping by. Nice hearing from you. Bet that Sidney site keeps you VERY busy.

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, June 11 2010 @ 01:26 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Welcome back Skipper!!!
You never cease to amaze me with your techy skills! I love your Happy Fledgefest post!

So glad to hear you are coming up MM~it will be fun for you to meet a bunch more eagle lovers from this area!

Yes, Eagle Eye, you called it, the 3rd one was laying down in the nest!

I ran into Denise, Jonathan, and Dylan out on the trail yesterday as I took a spin on my bike down there. They were working on an article for today's paper about the eaglets branching and upcoming fledging.

And, we can always count on Dylan to put in a plug for our annual Fledgefest event~thanks Dylan!
Here's the link....

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/jun/10 ... ching-out/

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, June 12 2010 @ 02:48 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Fledgefest '10 is shaping up nicely, thanks for stepping up when I need you groundcrew members! Like that one Hancock member says, "I came for the eagles, I stayed for the friends!" I couldn't have said it better myself!!!Grin

mykitters~I really can't 100 % confirm that I saw one of the eaglets in the next tree over since I was in our car as we drove by when I thought I saw that(don't worry, my hubby was driving!). I can't confirm that until I see it from down below, which won't be long now for Peace!:blink:

Here are a few shots of the eaglets from yesterday afternoon around 3pm...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:53 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate