The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Lake Washington, WA - 2012-2015 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Carole (offline) on Wednesday, October 08 2014 @ 02:50 PM EDT  
Carole

Wednesday, October 08 2014

wave Mary. My inquiring mind had to know what was happening with this cam.

Thank you Wendy for your very quick response to my email

Message from Wendy Connally of the Washington Dept. of Fish & Wildlife.

We have had some technical difficulties which we are working through with our staff and partners. I’m hoping we can work through some of our issues and craft a good plan by early next spring (2015) to “revive” the cam program and better manage camera reliability. I also hope to have more relevant and frequent updates online so that interested folks like you can track our progress to get these up and running again. I wish I had a date-certain for you, but right now, we’re just in assessment phase. Your best bet will be to check back online around January to see where we are in that project.

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Wednesday, October 08 2014 @ 05:36 PM EDT  
MaryF

Great job!! Good for your inquiring mind!!!! At least we know they are working on it---now we have to get the eagles to participate as well!!! Thank you!!! Thank You

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, November 03 2014 @ 03:23 PM EST  
MaryF

I'm going to wait and see if the cams and/or the eagles return here before setting up a new thread for 2015. By putting a few reserved spots here the thread can be split if necessary. It was a surprise when the nest totally fell apart an d left the tree without a single branch to be seen!! (See the last posts above here for pictures of the empty nest tree) Sitting eagle

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, November 03 2014 @ 03:23 PM EST  
MaryF

An update from Lake Washington ~~

WildWatchcams

BALD EAGLES

This WildWatch camera has not been sending a signal since the end of nesting season around July 2014. Repairs will be scheduled to get the camera ready for 2015 nesting season. Until then, you can watch the EagleCam Pre-recorded Videos. Check back in mid-January 2015 – an update will be posted here when this camera is available.

Our WIldWatchCam has been located in a 100-foot tall Douglas-fir tree on private property in North Puget Sound, directly above a nest site that a pair of eagles has chosen for a few years. A bald eagle pair usually establishes a number of nests in different areas and may choose a different site each year, so we are thrilled if they come back to this site with our camera. Currently, at least one adult eagle is back at this nest site, so it looks promising.

In 2014, this nest was occupied January through mid-July. The pair produced two eaglets who put a lot of wear and tear on the nest and video equipment during their pre-fledging stage (kind of like toddlers in a playpen!). The nest eventually collapsed under their abuse, which is normal as the young bounce around testing their wings, but – good news – both eaglets successfully fledged. Eagles can and do rebuild nests in the same place every year, especially where they successfully reproduced.

Thanks for your interest and stay tuned for updates!

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: numbertenox2 (offline) on Wednesday, January 07 2015 @ 09:39 PM EST  
numbertenox2

The camera is currently sending 10 second updates but there is no nest there.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, January 07 2015 @ 10:02 PM EST  
JudyB

Welcome, numbertenox2 - and I sadly think you're right.

Since the nest started breaking up, I've found it easier to see what's happening at night - so am adding a s'cap of what I'm seeing now.

Click on image to download

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 01:51 AM EST  
MaryF

Yes we did lose the nest last season when the chicks were very energetic while getting ready to fledge. they actually did have to fledge from what you can see right now.

This update, which is near the top of the page is the latest from the folks who run this cam and was posted on their site last week. -- forum/viewtopic.php?topic=710614#710614

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Saturday, May 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM EDT  
MaryF

Just thought I would take a peek at this nest. Our wonderful eagle pair never came back to their beautiful tree. Sad

Click on image to download

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 12:40 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate