Hey byline!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Lavender12 (offline) on Tuesday, August 26 2014 @ 08:32 AM EDT  
Lavender12

Quote by: karenbills

Thanks so much, Karen, for posting that screenshot of the raccoon back in the nest. Now that the eagles are on migration I'm sorry to see the coon trying to take advantage of their absence. I will let David Hancock as well as the Delta 2 residents know of this situation. David did put a metal collar around the tree but I guess that was not enough of a deterrent. Anyway, this raccoon activity is one example of things that need to be documented here in the forum when the nest is otherwise empty. So thanks again.

ETA - Karen, I just tried to view your video and this is the message I get:

This video is unavailable with Safety Mode enabled. To view this video, you will need to disable Safety Mode.

Good Morning Karen
I think the problem may have to do with your computer settings I have checked with other chatters and they have been able to view this video without a problem. I haven't seen any activities by the nest since Saturday. I will make sure to document them if I do. Have a nice day and your welcome

"A friend is like an eagle; you don't find them flying in flocks" anonymous

Karen

Forum

Bethlehem PA USA

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Tuesday, August 26 2014 @ 06:13 PM EDT  
karenbills

Hi Karen. Firefox is my default browser and I normally have no problem at all viewing videos on YouTube. The only times have been when the person who put the video on YT forgot to make the video available to the public. I guess that is not the case since your other friends have been able to view it. So therefore I used IE and Chrome and was able to see it on both those browsers. I have the latest version of FF so have no idea why I cannot view your video using FF.

Thanks for the good video of the raccoon. I was interested in seeing which way it exited the tree. What camera was that, the west or east?

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: nightowl (offline) on Wednesday, August 27 2014 @ 02:58 AM EDT  
nightowl

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2014

THURSDAY, AUGUST 28, 2014

Hey byline!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Lavender12 (offline) on Friday, August 29 2014 @ 12:54 AM EDT  
Lavender12

Quote by: karenbills

Hi Karen. Firefox is my default browser and I normally have no problem at all viewing videos on YouTube. The only times have been when the person who put the video on YT forgot to make the video available to the public. I guess that is not the case since your other friends have been able to view it. So therefore I used IE and Chrome and was able to see it on both those browsers. I have the latest version of FF so have no idea why I cannot view your video using FF.

Thanks for the good video of the raccoon. I was interested in seeing which way it exited the tree. What camera was that, the west or east?

Hi Karen The video was made on the east camera. I haven't seen it on the nest since that night

"A friend is like an eagle; you don't find them flying in flocks" anonymous

Karen

Forum

Bethlehem PA USA

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, August 29 2014 @ 03:03 AM EDT  
nightowl

FRIDAY, AUGUST 29, 2014

SATURDAY, AUGUST 30, 2014

SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2014

Hey byline!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, August 31 2014 @ 01:45 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi everyone! Byebye

I've been looking through the thread to find when the eagles were last seen on the cams, and have the following:

Hunter, July 29, 8:47 pm (perched on one of the poles) - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=685717#685717
Dad, August 2, 1:07 pm - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=687126#687126
Ariel, August 4, 12:13 pm - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=687710#687710
Mom, August 6, 4:02 pm - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=688580#688580
juvie on water tower, August 6, 8:05 pm - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=688651#688651

The family living under the nest reported that all four were still in the area the morning of August 4 - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=687637#687637

Does anyone know of any additional sightings?

Added - David and Karen took sydie and txsun to the site on August 7 - did anyone see eagles there that day?

As an aside - am I correct that Hunter was never seen in the nest after fledging? It's unusual for a fledgling not to return, but not unprecedented - I'm reminded that Birdie from Harrison Mills last year only went back to the nest for a couple of brief visits. And I am also reminded that there were some major issues with the cams here, so Hunter may have stopped by when the cams were down.

Thanks for your help! Thank You

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Sunday, August 31 2014 @ 02:37 PM EDT  
karenbills

No, Judy, there were no eagles anywhere here in the Lower Mainland of BC to be seen when Syd and Bonnie were here. That's why we tell people not to come in August or September if they want to see our local eagles. David did spot two eagles way off in the distance on a pole in Surrey which he pointed out to the girls. I likened that to going on a whale watching trip only to see a couple of whale tails off in the distance - not exactly what one had hoped to see.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

All times are EST. The time is now 07:16 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate