The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Blackwater Refuge MD - 2014 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, January 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM EST  
IrishEyes

7:31pm-7:33pm
Mom is attending to the nest bowl.. staying very close to it......she is sure behaving like there is an egg there ..or one on the way.......BUT i have been wrong before.......... she tucks in some bedding and lies back down with her back to us..cl collages x2
Click on image to download

7:43pm
Mom is snoozing now

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, January 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM EST  
IrishEyes

8:01pm
Mom is checking again

8:08pm
Mom is snoozing

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, January 13 2014 @ 08:50 PM EST  
JudyB

I had the cam up between 4:55 and 5:25 pm, Bev, while you were away - and I did wonder, but she never let me see the nest bowl. I would not be the least bit surprised to learn that she laid an egg sometime between 4 and 5. I know they can take videos from the cam, but am not remembering if they normally record or if Lisa (or someone) has to do something special to get a video - with a bit of luck they will have a recording and she'll be able to post a glimpse of the egg. But it's also possible that she's still getting ready, and it won't appear until sometime tomorrow or even later.

Thanks for checking back, Bev - I did notice that they occasionally lay their eggs this early, but didn't think they were this close, so went with the fact that the first egg was around the 20th about 2/3 of the time.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, January 13 2014 @ 09:30 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Hi JudyB.. and Thank you.....i am not as use to this nest as you and Lonette are....but like you i find Mom's behavior like she either laid an egg or is getting ready to do so. ... i only checked back two years so thank you for the info.on more like around the 20th... i also hope someone ?Lisa will have a video if indeed there is an egg......

21:26pm

Mom is resting on her wings with her head down

It is almost time for me to hit my own nest....sleepy

Good Night Mom BW, JudyB, Lonette, Carolyn and all who love this nest..i will leave the cam on for a bit.........

ADDED
21:40pm

I think the cam is frozen on the above frame...............

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, January 14 2014 @ 03:10 AM EST  
MaryF

Nothing new really but saw this on FB ~~

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, January 14 2014 @ 05:51 AM EST  
IrishEyes

TUESDAY..JAN.14, 2014

Good Morning Mr and Mrs BW and Friends...Lonette, JudyB, Carolyn , Mary and all.. and Mary thank you for bringing forward the FB news and collage..

5:34am

Mom is sleeping on the nest
5:42am
Slight head movement

WEATHER REPORT

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, January 14 2014 @ 06:22 AM EST  
IrishEyes

6:21am
I haven't seen Mom get up from the nest bowl since i tuned in earlier...she is still in the same position but can see her head moving..?? cam is stuck ...

6:48am

BBL..

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, January 14 2014 @ 06:48 AM EST  
JudyB

Good morning, everyone! I hadn't thought to check for a facebook page - thanks, Mary!

Bev, Lisa is the webmaster for the Friends of Blackwater site, and the one who posts the updates on the side of the cam, and also writes regular blog posts as the year progresses. I was hoping to meet her when I visited Blackwater a year or two ago - but she was actually visiting Cape Cod that week! She knows a lot - and I like the way she explains things.

I should also mention for those new to watching this cam that it's turned off for several hours in the middle of the night to reduce bandwidth expenses - I think from 11 pm to 3 am last year, and probably something similar this year.

And she still hasn't given us a peek, and I do need to get ready to head for work - will check in once I get to the office.

Oh - for those who are as obsessed with dates as I am - in addition to the fairly detailed summaries I have for each year on my website, I also have a summary page - http://www.judyb-eagles.com/eagles/eagl ... ummary.htm - which is how I could see quickly that the first egg was between January 20 and 26 from 2007 through 2010, then January 11-13 for two years, then back to January 20 last year. There's a link for "Eaglet Summaries" on the home page of my site http://www.judyb-eagles.com/, featuring a picture of little "Skye" from the Sidney nest in 2007 - one of the first nests with a close-up cam (at least in my experience).

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:38 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate