Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 09:48 AM EST  
jkr

Smiley's aren't being added until we find a way to put them on a second page so that they aren't all visible at the same time.

Also, I should add that we do have a few members with dial-up internet and the Smileys make the loading of pages extremely slow for them.

We'd love to accommodate everyone but unfortunately there are times that we have to make decisions that not everyone is happy with.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 10:30 AM EST  
yalitldevl

That's ok Judy I understand. That would be a real pain to be on dial up for sure. Hopefully the second page becomes available at some point. Thanks

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: willpatt () on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 04:07 PM EST  
Anonymous: willpatt

wave Hi, the "Subscriptions" tab or area, with all those check boxes. What do I do with that please:question: This AM, I got an email notification and when I hit the link the first time, I got the correct post. When I hit the link again, the Subscriptions opened. Do I check all the boxes that I want email notifications for:question:
Thank You

By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 09:11 AM EST  
jkr

I haven't used the Subscription tab but I think this is how it works.

If you happen to be in one of your favorite threads and want to be notified of all new posts that are made in that thread you can subscribe to that topic.

In the upper right of an open thread is the Subscribe option. Click on it and all new posts made in that thread will automatically link under your subscribe tab.

Click on image to download

WARNING: You will likely get an email notification every time a new post is made and your email box may be overwhelmed with notices.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: BBE (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 01:19 PM EST  
BBE

JudyB, jkr or PEB,

I am still having trouble staying logged in. Yes, I do have my email address listed in the last two boxes under 'Temember me - 1 month'.

Any thoughts?

Thank You

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM EST  
jkr

Ann if you figure it out let me know as well Titter

I've put in my "Current Password" and remember me for 1 Month and it works a couple of times and the next thing I know I have to manually log in again. Evil

I don't think you put your password into the other two boxes unless you're changing your password NO

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 09:49 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Well I found a new one for you, now how to explain it. I am making a posh link and I have done the first url code and pasted in the link with this ] after it to put my words in to be posh before the closing code. I was making a link to youtube and once I had pasted the link in and put that bracket the software did what appeared to be spell check and changed a capital to a small letter. Now we all know that canít happen because the link wonít work and it didnít. Did you get that, I mean did that make sense to you?

The address in part looked something like this just a bunch of letters PLamxiz weíll say, all that matters is there were two capitals at the beginning of it. When I put in the ] bracket to type in my description It turned the capital L to a small l on itís own.

So, can somebody ask GIFusion if a spell checker is part of the software and if it is can they disable for links and if they canít just disable for links can they get rid of it? It's really hard to catch so it can't be doing that Cool

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: BBE (offline) on Tuesday, January 26 2010 @ 11:40 PM EST  
BBE

yalitldevl,

I just did a posh link to the WE Dame Drive which I am watching. No problems as you describe.
Link to WE Game Drive

In code, it looks like this:

PHP Formatted Code
[URL=http://www.wildearth.tv/web/djuma1?streamId=wildearth]Link to WE Game Drive[/URL]

I use to 'ie spell' to check my posts.

G'night - BBE

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:26 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate