Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Dunedin, Fl Osprey Cam- 2013
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, June 10 2013 @ 06:53 PM EDT  
JudyB

June 10, 2013

I'm afraid I have sad news. The remaining chick, named Sparky, died today; little Sparky was almost 7 weeks old. :cry1:

Here's the announcement from the Dunedin Osprey Cam facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/DunedinOspreyCam?fref=ts):

Good Afternoon Friends! It has been a very tearful day for us at the Dunedin Cam! Sparky was removed from the nest for banding this morning and went into shock. For those that were watching and saw the truck race away, he was taken to a local rehabber but did not survive. It is thought that he had a weak heart and was unusually small for his age. As more information is passed on to us, I will be sure to post for all our viewers!

A special thanks to Nancy Abouhanna for posting news our loss. I have been having a hard time trying to gather my thoughts to post this information! - Jean

Nancy's Post:

It is with great sadness to let everyone here know that our little Sparky has passed away today 06.10.2013 Monday in Dunedin, FL I received word from Barbara Walker that Sparky didn't make it once at the rehab center. I do not know the cause of his death. Please, everyone say prayers everyday to help Pinella and Stirling to begin healing their broken hearts. They need the prayers. Sparky was a survivor from when he was born, bring such joy to his parents with how he grew so handsomely fast and was wingersizing, eating on his own at times. Sparky will never be forgotten and will always be remembered in our thoughts, prayers, souls. May God give peace to his broken hearted parents.

A followup post said that the chick would be sent for a necropsy to try to get a better understanding of what happened.

My heart goes out to Jean, Bev, carolyn, and all who have been following this osprey family during this most challenging of years.
hug

Rest in peace, young one, and fly free forever. sad

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, June 11 2013 @ 08:53 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

I am so sorry for this osprey nest's sadness. Little Sparky will fly on. I hope they can discover the cause.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, June 13 2013 @ 06:29 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Thank you JudyB for bring this sad news here Cry. not an easy task...Big hugs

RiP Sweet oneCry.... Fly free forever..Red Heart

Jean, Carolyn,JudyB and all.......hug

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, March 13 2014 @ 09:51 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Thursday..March 13, 2013

Hi everyone......I am closing this nest thread...... and opening a new one for 2014...

Link to 2014 Nest Thread

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:13 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate