https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: owliza (offline) on Sunday, May 05 2013 @ 10:14 PM EDT  
owliza

Sorry, thanks! I am trying to post two things from other sites to the Hancock forum.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, May 05 2013 @ 10:24 PM EDT  
JudyB

I'm sending you a PM with my email address - I'll need to add the site to the "white list" of allowed sites for links - and until I do, it's really tricky to post to tell me what site you need added! Titter

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, May 05 2013 @ 10:33 PM EDT  
JudyB

Testing....

http://archive.org
http://birdsbybent.netfirms.com

Looks good to go!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: owliza (offline) on Sunday, May 05 2013 @ 10:34 PM EDT  
owliza

Will give it a go! Many thanks! Thank goodness I ended up saving the post text the second time ... no retyping Wink

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: owliza (offline) on Sunday, May 05 2013 @ 10:37 PM EDT  
owliza

It worked! Thanks!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, May 06 2013 @ 11:15 AM EDT  
karenbills

Quote by: Paula Czapiga

We did recently download the latest Adobe Flash. We did this hoping it would help with seeing the cams at Hancock Wildlife. I can see all U-Stream sites but not Lake of Ozarks, White Rock or any sites that are not on U-Stream. The advertisement starts to load and then freezes. If I click on live stream prior to the advertisement playing I get a big white box over the cam and cannot do anything else with the screen after that. There are no arrows available. Once, everything started to work for me again on the cams and then poof, the black screen freeze problem returned. Very frustrating.

Our apologies, Paula, for no response to your Adobe Flash problem. I don't know what the problem is either but I'm bringing your post forward in the hope that other HWF volunteers who read this thread will see it and respond. I do know that Adobe Flash has tried unsuccessfully to update on my PC and it won't load more than 47%. Then I learned from another one of our admins that she had a terrible time after updating Adobe and had to uninstall it and restore her PC to an earlier date. Therefore each time Adobe tries to update I now reject it.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, May 07 2013 @ 09:10 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi Paula - and thanks for bringing this forward, Karen. We have some ongoing issues with the cams at White Rock which I'll address in a minute - but for our other cams (Delta 2, Lafarge, Mission and Harrison Mills), almost always, if you wait for the ad to finish, and then get either a picture of the nest or a black screen - if you then click Live Stream once or twice, the cam should start streaming.

For White Rock, you may need to click Live Stream quite a few times - and any time any stream freezes, that's the first thing to try. It seems a bit strange that they can't resolve this problem, but there seems to be some inherent issues with some of our cams (and other cams hosted by WildEarth, like the ones at Eagles4Kids) and the more recent versions of Adobe Flash.

We have a cute little eaglet at Delta 2 - and another one at Lafarge. And we are hoping the two eggs at Harrison Mills will hatch in the next week or so - and there are eight goose eggs at Mission, though it will be a couple of weeks before they're likely to hatch. There's a lot happening - and I hope you'll be able to join us to watch it all!

If this doesn't help - please let us know, and we'll see what else we can try.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, February 18 2014 @ 10:25 PM EST  
IrishEyes

I am not sure if this where i should post this....:

wave THis is weird and if it wasn't so annoying .. i would find it funny...

I was posting at the Victoria Hummingbird thread and adding my scap's and when i clicked "submit" eagle s'caps from another nest showed up in my post.. and they we not from the nests that i am reporting on....... in fact i didn't recognize them... and of course i deleted them before i took a picture of them.. now that was "stupid"Titter

Is anyone else having this problem ?................

Thank you.......

ADDED

My post at the Two Harbors thread from this morning is missing also.!!!

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 05:14 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate