The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Calgary, Alberta - 2013
 |  Printable Version
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Saturday, April 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Good Morning,BET, jkr, jd, Christine, Janet, Jean - this site is already a treasure. I cannot thank the quick screen snappers enough as well as the on-site pictures which
complete our view by Christine and Janet. Whether you found this site late or early - wow, you are here! This is going to be fun.
Have a Happy Viewing Day,
carolyn

Dad is great - I love mom just watching him work "whistle while you work" is good musical accompaniment for the pictures.

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, April 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM EDT  
jkr

Good Morning,BET, Carolyn, jd, Christine, Janet, and Jean. It is wonderful to see everyone slowly coming back together for another adventure at this nest....even those of you who got lost in the forum giggle

Thank you Janet for making the trip over to the river for the pictures..

7:25 am
One of the O's was laying in the nest when I brought up the cam and had me concerned for a moment before it flew off. My first thought that was maybe an egg came early but relieved to see that wasn't the case. There is still lots of work to do on this nest.

7:27 am
Busy working on the sticks.
Click on image to download

7:36 a.m
Both on the nest. For a moment they seemed to have been defending their nest against some unseen visitor. Whatever happened they calmed down almost immediately and carried on.
Dad flew off again. Mom remains standing on the rim watching the river.

7:38 am
Dad returned with another stick.

7:43 am
Dad came flying in with a clump of roots in his talons.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, April 27 2013 @ 10:13 AM EDT  
jkr

8:12 a.m.
Mom is browsing around on the nest moving a few sticks here and there. Spends a bit of time contending with the root ball.

8:23 am
Dad came back to the nest. From all appearances he seemed to have come down from the cam post.
He stood on the nest for less than a minute then flew off --- back again within a minute with another stick.
Mom flew off as soon as he arrived with the stick and returned within seconds and they mated.

Sorry I was so busy watching two cams that I didn't get a chance to take screen shots.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, April 27 2013 @ 10:41 AM EDT  
jkr

8:40 a.m.
While the O's work on their nest it's time for me to do some work in mine too.

Out I'm out

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, April 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM EDT  
Jean

9:11am.............Good morning Judy, BET, Christine, JD, Janet and all! Both adults were in the nest. The male flew up...........showing his lovely, large outstretched wings.............I'm not sure if there was a mating as I froze my camera to take the s'cap.............but I think it was highly likely. Then I saw him fly down to the river and off to the left.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Preston (offline) on Saturday, April 27 2013 @ 11:20 AM EDT  
Janet Preston

Definitely a mating at 919am
Talk about fleeting visit !!!!

"Laughter is Gods' sunshine"
Forum

Calgary

Profile     PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Saturday, April 27 2013 @ 11:26 AM EDT  
Bluebird1

LOL, Janet, I saw that too, a regular Casanova as BET says. I was about to post to Jean that her s'cap shows Dad facing the wrong way and his mating attempt "surprisingly" didn't work that time.

9:22am Mom moved a stick or two and then flew off and now she is back with another. Looks like they are making progress here. love And Mom is off again, busy, busy.

eta 9:26 Both back and moving sticks around, yes, this looks like it will be a lot of fun this year. I'm off soon too to do my bluebird trail. wave
I think that it was Dad that flew off again, maybe he is the young male that hung around the nest last fall?

9:30 and Mom is off over the river, too.

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: BET (offline) on Saturday, April 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM EDT  
BET

10:45am

I am back. I went back to bed and catnapped for awhile. My dogs were not overjoyed with me as their breakfast was late! How dare I!

10:17am Dad flew in with a fish - It's hard to see as it is white like his legs and the sticks so I arrowed it

Mom immediately went to take it - had some difficulty, note her upside down head. The fish was in the foot farthest from her. Provided me with a little giggle as at first she just came away with a tiny bite.

But fear not - Mom got her fish and flew off to eat it else where

The nest is still totally unarranged. Mom really should be doing some interior decorating while Dad is doing all the work bringing home the building supplies. I note that they have a few of the bigger sticks hanging over the gap between the box and the post.

BET
Registered Member - June 2006

Forum

California

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:26 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate