https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: RFG () on Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM EDT  
Anonymous: RFG

Okay the limb I stepped out on may have just broke. Wink Check this video out. There is a definite rocking of the tree cam. Sure looks like Foxy was on the nest tree when he left this time. Which means he may not have fledged earlier. If this is the fledge the time is 14:20 cam time. I'll leave it up to the experts. Here's the link https://picasaweb.google.com/1060764665 ... 5354614834

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Very interesting sequence of events. Mom flew in with a midshipman, walked
around with it in her beak then flew out with it as though to let Echo and Foxy see it.
Then she flew back in to the nest with it.

2:32p - Mom looking around for someone to give the fish to. No takers so
she flew out with it in her beak.
Click on image to download

2:33p - She flies back in with the fish.

2:34p - Once more no one came for her to give the fish to so after walking about
the nest, she flew out with it again.

Both eaglets are farther away now than they have been. I think it's safe to say that Foxy really has fledged!
I won't post my video as it is much the same as RFG's.

ETA: That was what I meant earlier RFG. I believe your last video is more the right time. It's ok if our
time isn't right down to the second. We know he fledged during that period of time so we'll use this one.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: M.Mary (offline) on Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM EDT  
M.Mary

Yes, saw the parent return, dangling fish to attract her eaglets,no doubt......even did a fly around and at to the nest dangled it some more. Obviously, trying to have one or both return for it.
Then the mom? left the nest probably in search of them both.
At 2:43 there was a quick sighting off to the left of the screen of a juvenile and some screeps. Then heard some "cheep after screep" as heard often in the nest while being fed by a parent. I think the parent was feeding an eaglet off on a tree branch , not too far away.
It will be fine to see one or both return to the nest for a rest after all their flying.
MM

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: RFG () on Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM EDT  
Anonymous: RFG

Just to muddy the water more. It could be that Foxy fledged earlier and flew back to tree when the food came in but just couldn't get down to the nest. The reason I say this is because there were sounds on the WA box after Echo left on the last food drop. Yikes Wink

By: Anonymous: kathiewalks () on Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM EDT  
Anonymous: kathiewalks

I just came home from a walk out on the beach. When I left home, Foxy had not yet fledged. I walk through the neighbourhood, and saw the nest from the sidewalk side, with one juvie out on the lookout branch as I expected. Then, walking home up the beach I identified the nest from that side for the first time and was surprised to see one 'let on the top of the neighbouring tree, and one at the top of the nest tree. As I watched, a mature eagle flew into the nest and stayed for awhile, Then, one juvie flew out from the top of the neighbouring tree and flew away towards crescent beach. The one at the top of the nest tree seemed to be trying to get back to the nest. I assumed there might be a meal there. The mature eagle then flew out to perch at the top of a third tree nearby. I am thrilled to have seen these happenings. I feel that the circle is complete for me. Watching them all this time online, knowing that they have left the nest, and watching them from the beach, has been a fascinating experience. Thank you to all of those who have explained/described/ commented along the way.

By: Anonymous: ClaireM () on Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM EDT  
Anonymous: ClaireM

Kathiewalks: What a thing to read. Thank you so much.

By: Anonymous: susang3 () on Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM EDT  
Anonymous: susang3

And to add to it all - The screeing I hear is much farther away and the family dog is barking his fool head off. I wouldn't be surprised if Foxy was on the ground and the dog is freaked out by him/ her - Then I hear much less barking as the family is aware of the situation and controlling the dog and I hear the screes of a feeding chick as someone mentioned a parent may be feeding either on branch or ground. Interesting insights. on what we can't see.

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

At approximately 1:39p

FOXYlove FLEDGED @ exactly 12 weeks old (84 days).

Interesting that he beat his big sis by one day (Echo was 85 days old). Not surprising
since males develop faster than females and we sure did notice that lately.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:30 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate