The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Monday, March 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Birdsie

Quote by: JudyB

I'm afraid it's working fine for me, Birdsie. Windows XP, Firefox 3.6.2, and a relatively recent version of ZoneAlarm.

Maybe a pop-up blocker?

I'm afraid I don't have time to try debugging it tonight - I'm sure there's some little thing somewhere, but am not sure where to look.

Hi Judy--

Thank you--please don't spend any time on it. I just wanted to know if there was a system problem at the HWF level--or--sigh sign--if it's my system again. I'll sweet talk my husband into helping me track it down and I will let you know what we find.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! Thank You

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM EDT  
gemini

Hi Birdsie,

The same thing is happening to me! I first noticed it a couple of days ago but then I haven't tried to access this feature for awhile so could have been going on longer than I thought! I use Vista, IE7, latest ver. of Flash Player

EDT:

I just tried using Firefox but got the same message!

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM EDT  
terrytvgal

just tried JudyB, Birdsie, and gemini.... SLQ error for all 3.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 01:21 AM EDT  
Velma Flann

I tried jkr, birdsie PandaL, Gemini , JudyB - and no problem with any of them. I have vista and the latest FireFox. I haven't tried with IE

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 06:41 AM EDT  
JudyB

Curious. The only thing I'm seeing in the error log that mentions SQL are some entries like this:

Mon 29 Mar 2010 21:49:54 PDT - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '','Fundraising','20090812153824455'Wink) AND (s.uid = '2586'Wink AND ((introtext LIKE ' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM','Fundraising','20090812153824455'Wink) AND (s.uid = '2586'Wink AND ((introtext LIKE '%%' OR bodytext LIKE '%%' OR title LIKE '%%'Wink)

That doesn't jog any memories of strange settings that could be tweaked (or seem even mildly relevant, for that matter) - the Search Results page comes up with the same ads all around as everything else - I suppose if it might be having an issue with that just because of the mention of Fundraising. But it makes no sense because there aren't issues with other pages.

If one of you who is getting the error could make a note of the time you get the error (and remind me which time zone you're in Wink ) - I can see what else there is for error messages at that time. There's an "error" message every time the forum resizes an attachment (because someone technically tried to post one that's bigger than allowed) - so there are lots of entries in the error log. Smile

Then I can ask the folks at glFusion (the software developers) what program/process they use and see if it might involve something like updating Java or whatever. Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM EDT  
gemini

Hi Judy,

I just tried 5 different names,(11:23 -11:26 PDT) on different parts of the board and got this message everytime.

An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for details.

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks, gemini - and the log is showing five instances of this error:

PHP Formatted Code
Tue 30 Mar 2010 11:25:26 PDT - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '','Fundraising','20090812153824455')) AND (s.uid = '9078') AND ((introtext LIKE ' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM','Fundraising','20090812153824455')) AND (s.uid = '9078') AND ((introtext LIKE '%%' OR bodytext LIKE '%%' OR title LIKE '%%'))

with a few minor differences.

I'll check with Richard and then post the question on the glFusion website tonight.

Added:
I forgot the tendency of the program to convert things to smileys - hopefully using CODE tags will stop all the winking! Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 05:37 PM EDT  
gemini

Judy,

I just updated Java and tried 3 names.(2:33-2:35) Got the same message.

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:39 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate