Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Schnauzermom () on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Schnauzermom

I am so thrilled and RELIEVED!!!!Very Happy Now we can relax and hopefully sooner than later, observe them in their domestic bliss. Sitting eagle But part of my heart will be thinking of the kids and, in my mind, are still flying together and watching out for each other in their new adventures. Red Heart

By: Karen Saunders (offline) on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM EDT  
Karen Saunders

wave Hi everybody and Welcome to the first posters Cheers

....and Welcome back MA Sitting eagle and PA Sitting eagle - now for a peek at you Nodding yes

You are indeed lucky, Doug, to live right there and see them back - will have to come to Hornby sometime. I understand, from a friend who holidays there, that it is a beautiful island Grin

Karen, Esquimalt, BC
member since April, 2009

Forum

Esquimalt BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Bhrighde (offline) on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM EDT  
Bhrighde

Quote by: Doug Carrick

It has happened at last. Dad Hornby is back! I checked the Peters' Tree at 8 o'clock this morning and there he was, sitting in his proper position, looking down. I asked him where Mom was, but he didn't say. We'll have to wait a little longer.

So much for my theory about wind direction. It is still a southeasterly wind, but dad came back anyway. Oh mayby I can salvage my theory a bit and say that the "wrong-way winds" delayed his return. How does that sound?

Very Happy

YAYY!!! :cheerguy:Clapping
So glad to hear that Dad is back! Hopefully Mom will be along soon too.

Red HeartSitting eagleSitting eagleRed Heart

Jane
"Do the best that you can in the place where you are, and be kind."
- Scott Nearing, American Conservationist (1883-1983)

Forum

Edmonton, Alberta,
Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Bhrighde (offline) on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM EDT  
Bhrighde

Quote by: Doug Carrick

Mom Hornby is back also! On our morning walk there was a great squawking as we went past Grassy Point - an eagle in the His and Hers Tree. Wow it was noisey, but great to hear. Then there was another answering call from the nest area - just as loud. I think they were excited to be back home again. When we got back home, the other eagle was in the Babysitting Tree. So it looks as if another season is starting in good order. And to think they are now around 29 years of age!

CheersVery Happy:cheerguy:

Hurray!!! Mom's back too!

Red HeartSitting eagleSitting eagleRed Heart

Jane
"Do the best that you can in the place where you are, and be kind."
- Scott Nearing, American Conservationist (1883-1983)

Forum

Edmonton, Alberta,
Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: jeada7 () on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM EDT  
Anonymous: jeada7

Very Happy Yippee! Ma and Pa are both home and safe!!! What a wonderful way to start the day. Am so looking forward to seeing them again. A special thanks goes out to all who are making this possible. And I thank you also Doug, for giving us the heads-up - now I can relax. Give our love to Ma and Pa. Sitting eagleRed HeartSitting eagle

By: Anonymous: Owls69 () on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Owls69

Sitting eagle Welcome Sitting eagle Thank you, Doug, for letting us know Mom & Dad Hornby have arrived safe and sound. That is wonderful news! Sure have missed them and hope we can see them again soon. Please continue to keep us posted on their antics. Mom was probably telling Dad this morning to be careful with the sticks this year and stop rearranging the nestSmile

By: Anonymous: jeada7 () on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM EDT  
Anonymous: jeada7

:cheerguy: I see the cam is up and running - so good to see the nest again!!! Question - are we going to have chat while viewing the cam? Thanks

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM EDT  
JudyB

The October 11 posts before this one were moved from the 2011 thread so the 2012 season would begin with the announcement that the eagles have returned. Smile

In answer to your question, jeada, we're forum-based, so I'm afraid there will not be an official Chat site this year (though we can set up a forum thread for informal, non-eagle discussion if there's a desire).

If anyone has other questions, please let me know.

And happy eagle watching! Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 04:31 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate