You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock Area 2011 Ground Observers
 |  Printable Version
By: DDuckies2 (offline) on Sunday, July 31 2011 @ 12:21 PM EDT  
DDuckies2

-just checked in at 9:18 am WR time

One branch'let and one eating something in nest.

Did not see delivery or incoming as I was taking in the food fest at Sidney nest.

9:25 both flew off and down to beach.

Forum

Surrey/ White Rock

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: dryogi () on Sunday, July 31 2011 @ 12:44 PM EDT  
Anonymous: dryogi

Hi there.

Can someone help me with the nest location? I live in White Rock proper and am definitely not familiar with the area of Ocean Park I think the nest is in. I drove to Crescent Beach yesterday and took the "long" way, hoping for a glimpse of the nest but I really have no idea where to look. Can someone help, even via PM if preferred?

Thanks!

Carrie

By: stim (offline) on Sunday, July 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM EDT  
stim

Wooh Tina, another incredible sequence of pictures! You do land a the beach to see action! Clapping

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Sunday, July 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

HI Tina, Marvelous set of photos. Mom WR with the flounder series is great to see. Of course I like seeing all the eagles too.
Yesterday, Mom brought a flounder to the nest but before that I had heard Charlie or Delta making those "I see food" screeps that they always did when one of the parents approached bearing something to eat. I figured that prey had been brought to a branch on a nearby tree. Parents do that to encourage the eaglets to eat away from the nest. I bet when you took these and heard the screeping, that's exactly what happened.

Thank you so much for bringing your photos to us.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: syrinx () on Sunday, July 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM EDT  
Anonymous: syrinx

Quote by: eaglenut

July 30 2011
Ma WR , flies off to the trees with her catch, such a magnificent , powerful bird !
I was far from the trees, but I could hear the screeping as she landed, the fish was a welcomed arrival. I didn't see Charlie or Delta at the beach , but I could hear them.

So if this was yesterday, is that perhaps the fish that was ignored and allowed to 'bake' on the nest for a while? Perhaps the fact that it was lying dead on a rock may have something to do with the reception it got?

By: Anonymous: vivia () on Sunday, July 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM EDT  
Anonymous: vivia

124 pm PDT
someone home Wub, screeping loudly in the wind...sound way out of sync...wind really blowing now and eaglet has to dance around to hold on.
Click on image to download

1:34 flew off, but I missed it! I think it was Delta, judging from tail in CU cam.

Hope all having a nice day (and night, Mo)
Red Heartvivia

By: Anonymous: KLAW () on Sunday, July 31 2011 @ 07:19 PM EDT  
Anonymous: KLAW

I did find the nest today and have some images HOWEVER just got the text that my godson is about to be born!! Post images later!!

By: Anonymous: KLAW () on Sunday, July 31 2011 @ 08:24 PM EDT  
Anonymous: KLAW

Darnit I stand corrected I was almost at the White Rock Nest... I was by a different nest not too far away.... o well I still got some fantastic exercise and photos.. false alarm for my godson... hes really taking his time to arrive, his poor mom has been experiencing labor pains for three weeks now!! Might possibly tackle the white rock nest again now that I have better direction (thanks eaglenut!) on Tuesday. Photos to come....

All times are EST. The time is now 05:36 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate