The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - DeltaOWL Camera Archives
 Delta OWL Eagle Nest Discussion/Obs/Pics/Videos
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: JudiMN () on Saturday, April 30 2011 @ 04:25 PM EDT  
Anonymous: JudiMN

Quote by: pudzzy1

11.12 still empty nest. Anyone know when they where on nest last - LAST post was by By: JudiMN (offline) on Saturday, April 30 2011 with eagle on nest @ 04:39 AM PDT
MY BIGGEST QUESTION ..is anyone going to get that egg before its gone .Wont take long before crows other birds get at it Hope at least someone watches the nest to see what wll happen to that egg GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR DELTA WE ALL LOVE YOU

Pudzzy: I'm so sorry about your daughter.

I kept an eye on Ma for awhile after I took that screencap this morning and she didn't move, but I didn't record the time. I hope she and Pa are moving on and that there is not a medical reason for their eggs not hatching.

big hugs to you, Judi

By: stim (offline) on Saturday, April 30 2011 @ 04:40 PM EDT  
stim

Pudzzy your first year watching the nests was the same as mine and I pretty much zeroed in here until Faith and Faithful left. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and understand how losing her could impact your ability to digest the sadness that can accompany watching the live cams. sigh sign Glad you've healed enough to come back.

1:40 I've been back watching our egg for almost an hour. No sign of Sitting eagle.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, April 30 2011 @ 04:45 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi everyone. With the forum going up and down, I'm late posting. I did see Mom arrive on the nest at 6:57 am and incubate for a while. I'm afraid I didn't notice when she left.

(((((Pudzzy)))))

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: stim (offline) on Saturday, April 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM EDT  
stim

Back again but on my way out.
2:15 I've been here 1 1/2 hours. Egg alone.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: cockatiel (offline) on Saturday, April 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM EDT  
cockatiel

I only saw her in the a.m. also, except I haven't been here a whole lot. I see the nest empty for the longest time now. This is when I wish we could see the whole surrounding area to see if they were flying around.

Pudzzy, I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

I wish we knew what the reason is for no hatch. It definitely isn't for lack of trying. Sad

Candy

Life Is What Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans

CANDACE DIED IN OCT. 2016. SHE WAS A FAITHFUL DONOR AND SUPPORTED OF OUR EAGLE CAMS. ALTHOUGH SHE RARELY POSTED IN THE CAM THREADS, SHE WAS WELL KNOWN IN THE EAGLEHOLICS ANONYMOUS THREAD. SHE WILL BE MISSED.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, April 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM EDT  
jkr

O.W.L is having their Open House today which may have some affect on why the eagles are absent.
It's not that people will go near the nest but with all the traffic and the huge crowds all those voices may have disturbed them.

Another reason for their absence is that maybe Mom has finally decided it's time to abandon this egg. Can I truly say I hope that is the case. I hated seeing her sitting there day after day on that egg when she should have her freedom.

I don't have an answer but I don't think anyone will try to retrieve the egg unless the eagles leave the area completely. The less human intervention to this nest the better so that the eagles will feel safe in using it again next year. AND I really hope we can watch them again in 2012.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, April 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks, Judy!

I've sent David Hancock an email to ask about the possibility of retrieving the egg, and if there was any chance of learning anything from it if it was possible. I know he's quite busy right now - but if I hear anything, I'll pass it on.

Do you think it's time to ask Ken to pull the WA cam back so we can see more of the tree, more like it was before they laid their eggs? My guess is that they may be spending some time in the tree even after they stop visiting the nest - though I don't know that for sure.

By the way, this is day 51 for the first egg, and day 48 for the second. Sad

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jkr (offline) on Saturday, April 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM EDT  
jkr

Good idea JudyB, I am all in favour of the camera view being moved out.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:59 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate