Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2010/11 ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Kaylea Cross () on Saturday, April 23 2011 @ 10:03 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Kaylea Cross

Good morning, everyone! Karen has asked me to stop by and tell you what names the family has chosen for the babies, so here I am.

Yesterday my boys and I brainstormed and thought up a list of names. We started out with Fuzz and Bob (short for Bobblehead), but eventually progressed to some better ones. At last we decided upon Hunter and Talon (aren't they cool names?), and I called my father (the nest is on his property) to suggest them to him. His response was short and immediate.

"Oh, no. Last year's eaglets were Alpha and Bravo, so this year's are Charlie and Delta."

*cue crickets singing* Seriously? Charlie and Delta?

You'll have to forgive him--he's a helicopter pilot and is obsessed with flying terminology. I'm a little scared, because this means if Ma and Pa White Rock have twins again next year, they'll be Echo and...Foxtrot. Followed by Golf and Hotel.

Brace yourselves, people Smile

So there you go. It's Charlie and Delta. Even though Talon and Hunter have a nicer ring to them (not that I'm biased or anything), I guess I'll just have to find my own eagle nest or use the names for characters in a future book!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I sure hope Charlie and Delta figure out how to get along! All that pecking seems kind of vicious to me. I find myself wincing a lot. Ah, sibling rivalry...

Kaylea Smile

By: golden1 (offline) on Saturday, April 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM EDT  
golden1

Great reports everyone. I actually like the names....Charlie and Delta.....

Kaylea that book could be very interesting....

Good to see that everything is great at the nest this morning.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: MayLine (offline) on Saturday, April 23 2011 @ 10:28 AM EDT  
MayLine

Kaylea or should I say Kilo, Titter What a great post! I am chuckling (I never take this naming thing too seriously myself; most of the names people come up with I don't like -- just my opinion Shh )

I was kinda okay with your Dad's system (and it certainly is fitting, considering his profession) -- until I read Golf and Hotel Rolling on floor laughing
Your comments are priceless.
I say, whatever.... Titter

Thanks for letting us know. Tell the boys they obviously put a lot of thought into this and they did quite well! Wub

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
William Shakespeare

Dede
Joined HWF: April 2009

Forum

Denver, Colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Saturday, April 23 2011 @ 10:39 AM EDT  
yalitldevl

Green LOL how funny Kaylea! I loved that read...ok so Charlie is the first and Delta is the second I'm assuming. I did really like your boys coming up with Hunter and Talon too! Very funny about what the next few years will be but please ask your father to pass on Echo, we have some painful eaglet memories at HWF with that name

7:24 a quick glimpse of our sweeties alone in the nest before Ma arrived. (it was Pa earlier in my confusion)

Click on image to download

I'm be MIA for a bit, have a few things I just have to get done Out

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: vernonbc () on Saturday, April 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM EDT  
Anonymous: vernonbc

8:30
Mom gave both babies a good feed and dad dropped by with more food for the larder. Once mom had settled back down on the nest, he perched on a branch to survey his domain. Beautiful.

By: Karen Saunders (offline) on Saturday, April 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM EDT  
Karen Saunders

wave Good Morning WR

Change of shift - times on top of s'caps - Wooh that one sure has learned to duck and cover in a hurry but eventually got to eat too Left thumb up
Click on image to download

Karen, Esquimalt, BC
member since April, 2009

Forum

Esquimalt BC

Profile Email   PM

By: MayLine (offline) on Saturday, April 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM EDT  
MayLine

OK, I must ask: How do you all make the collages? I am not liking the restrictions to a single s'cap - esp. if one wants to show a sequence to clarify an event. Many posters have found a way around this by doing the "collages" as a single File.

What's the trick? Program? App?

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
William Shakespeare

Dede
Joined HWF: April 2009

Forum

Denver, Colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: willpatt () on Saturday, April 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM EDT  
Anonymous: willpatt

wave Good morning all Smile I got a 4 min video this morning at 7:30. I don't know which adult but the feeding was excellent, passing food to first one then the other :!: Click to watch.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:11 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate