https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2010/11 ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: gemini (offline) on Wednesday, April 20 2011 @ 06:04 AM EDT  
gemini

Mom up for a potty break. She has been a bit restless tonight. Up about every 45 minutes or so for nothing more than to look into the nest and shift postions.

Mom peers into the nest when she gets up! At the 1:52 mark of the video when Mom spreads her wing blocking the glare of the light, you can see what appears look like either a piece of grass or maybe a crack on one of the eggs! (I had to pause the video at exactly the right spot to see it. (see scap below)

2:09 am

Video Camera Mom up for a potty break!

Click on image to download

Could this be the beginning of a hatch??

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: willpatt () on Wednesday, April 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM EDT  
Anonymous: willpatt

The crack goes in the wrong direction, I think. There is no pip either Puzzled

By: gemini (offline) on Wednesday, April 20 2011 @ 07:46 AM EDT  
gemini

No kidding, Will!

Just caught an early morning nest exchange and the eggs look like they were just layed yesterday! How disappointing! She's been up and down all night! I was sure something was happening. Maybe she hears something??

4:33 am Video Camera

Early morning nest exchange

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: willpatt () on Wednesday, April 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM EDT  
Anonymous: willpatt

Gemini, they can feel the chick moving in the egg sometimes, also hear it and that causes them to lift or look down. I saw that yesterday.

By: jkr (offline) on Wednesday, April 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM EDT  
jkr

DAY 38 for the first egg, DAY 35 for the second egg

Forecast today

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Wednesday, April 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM EDT  
jkr

6:35 am
Mom softly squawks as Dad arrives on the nest. She kept squawking at him for a moment then finally got up and left the nest.
The eggs don't have so much as a blemish on them that I can see from this angle.
Dad immediately began incubating without so much as turning an egg.

6:39 am
Dad is up repositioning himself and moving the eggs. Still no sign of a mark on them.
I truly hope these two don't have the same bad luck as the DeltaOWL pair seem to be having.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, April 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM EDT  
JudyB

Good morning!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hi everyone! I'm here on behalf of Hancock Wildlife Foundation to ask for your help with two things.

First, we have a researcher who is hoping to get a sense of what eagles eat by reviewing the food that is brought to the nests to feed the eaglets. If you observe food being brought to the nest, please note the time and as much detail as possible - fish/bird/animal - what species if you can tell - fresh or likely scavenged - any details you notice. S'caps or videos are great - and may help researchers identify food items that aren't obvious to us. We're still trying to figure out how to organize this (suggestions and volunteers welcomed!) - and may have a bit more detail to add once we've started to do this. Thanks!

Second, we would ask that people not post pictures that are "enhanced" with humorous comments, party hats, etc. on the picture itself in this thread. Those pictures are great fun - and we've set up a special thread for them in the "Creative Inspiration" forum under "Relaxation and Chat" - A Light-Hearted Look at Wildlife. But we have cut back on the number of pictures per page to help with the speed at which pages open and to limit the strain on our aging servers - and so we respectfully request that all the pictures that open every time one views a page in this thread be providing information about the eagles. It is OK to include arrows or circles to show where you think there is a pip in an egg or where you see an adult perched in the distance or something. It's also OK to post an unedited picture you think is funny and include a caption as part of your post - that will give us or other researchers the option of using the picture to demonstrate some aspect of eagle behavior that you may not have realized you captured! It's also OK to post a link to a "doctored" photo, as long as the photo itself does not appear when you open the page - only the link.

But we really would prefer that people post the actual s'cap whenever possible, with only basic photo enhancements to increase contrast or clarity if necessary.

Thanks, and happy eagle watching!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Wednesday, April 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM EDT  
yalitldevl

Mornin' WR eagles and peoples :hello:

Thanks to you both Judy and Judy for the day count and weather and pic link. I can't figure out half the prey in this nest Judyb but when I can I'll note it. Fish is easy it's the furred and feathered things not so much

Shift change Ma to Pa

He lands on branch, then to nest, Ma gets up and Pa heads to eggs

she told him her stories before she left Titter

6:34 - 6:35

6:44 pa just being his cute self on the eggs playing with bedding

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 03:29 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate