You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, February 12 2011 @ 02:18 AM EST  
terrytvgal

Quote by: BBE

Thanks eiguoc, you saved me from posting the same picture. This has been happening all morning for me, when I clcikc on my bookmark, which I updated two days ago to keep it current. I scroll down to Forum Index and access from there.

Thanks.

I get this once in a while too. As Richard said, refreshing the page generally fixes it.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM EST  
eiguoc

I'm still getting that weird blue page every so often, 1 refresh works now & it goes away

Pat=photographer & cat mom
Pardon my shortening memory
Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: richardpitt (offline) on Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM EST  
richardpitt

I too have had the screen pictured in the image a few posts back - in fact I got it just prior to coming to this topic.

The interesting thing is that - if you leave the screen alone, in most cases it will resolve itself to the typical page layout. "Long enough" may be seconds - or it may be longer, in my case it was about 5 seconds this last time.

Sometimes the page does not complete at all.

This tells me that the most likely problem is that your web browser is getting the menu information (the words you're seeing are all included in the top menu bar if you look in the underlying HTML code for the page) before it gets the style and javascript pieces that tell the browser how to lay out the menu and set it up so that "hovering" your mouse over a top level should show the next level down of menu items. In the case where it is not properly completing ever, then the style and/or javascript is missing.

This menu (and the similar one on many pages in the upper left corner of the main screen area - like "Quick Links" on the home page) have a lot of entries in them that, without the Javascript and style sheet directives, show up exactly like your screen shot, long and narrow - with the rest of the page content farther down the page.

So... the problem is data transmission lag - either caused on our end by the machine being a bit slow, or in the path from here to you by something causing the slow-down.

This site's web pages are very complex - they take quite a bit of processing power to create each time, and are fairly large as such pages go. There is a page layout cache, and it is turned on.

There are also a number of other things that the system does that might impact the speed of load that we don't have 100% control over - Facebook integration (the "Like" ) and Digg integration (you do DIGG things that you like don't you?) and the advertising and banners.

The best thing to do is simply be persistent - and let me know if things get worse or better over time. I'm always "fiddling under the hood" and overall system load will rise as the nesting season progresses - but the system should be able to handle things pretty well.

richard

Executive Director:
Taking HWF to the next level

Forum Admin
Admin

Pitt Meadows BC -
40k from Vancouver

Profile Email Website PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Tuesday, February 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM EST  
eiguoc

Thanks Richard. I tried waiting to see if it would go normal by itself, sometimes it took a few secs. other times, I had to give it a hairy eyeball & refresh.Grin It doesn't happen as often as it use too

Pat=photographer & cat mom
Pardon my shortening memory
Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Wednesday, March 02 2011 @ 04:19 PM EST  
Anonymous: Birdsie

How do I access the Message center if I don't have a message waiting indicator to link me and if I haven't book marked it?

I can't find it in the index--there must be a way to get there somehow........:huh:

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, March 02 2011 @ 05:38 PM EST  
JudyB

It's under "My Account" on the black link bar under the green header with the screaming eagle.

(Took me a while to find it, though I knew it was in one of a short list of places to look!)

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: debbab (offline) on Wednesday, March 16 2011 @ 02:00 PM EDT  
debbab

Where can I change the setting so I don't receive email notices of posts. Can't find it under Account settings. Thanks

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Wednesday, March 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM EDT  
nightowl

Hi debbab and Welcome to the forum!

Try this...

Go to account settings, click on the Forum Preferences tab.

uncheck
-Always Notify
-Notify only once
-Include full post in notification

Then click on Save Information

That should do it! Smile

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:12 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate