https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2010/11 ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: garyandjudi (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM EST  
garyandjudi

Hey Annie your hummingbird nest came up instead of the WR eagles, I'm sure you meant to post them on EA girlfriendloveWoohTitterso cute though

Pa and Lady Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM EST  
JudyB

Annie - I think you were multi-tasking! Titter

If you edit your post, you'll see that you actually have 6 attachments listed. I think the three with jpg names belong to the hummingbird thread - so if you delete them, this should fix itself.

And I promise you that you're not the only one to do this :oops: giggle - I won't tell you all the strange places I've had pics appear when I had too many windows open at once!

(And I'll delete this post once your beautiful eagle pictures are showing up in your post. - PM me if you have any questions!)

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

Hi Judy,

I'm not multi-tasking GF. All I have open is the thread, the cam page and my browser. I have NEVER gone to
that hummingbird thread so I'm mystified. I tried editing and deleting all the attachments...no dice. They stubbornly
stayed put.

I will redo and appreciate you removing the other post. That's the best way don't you think?

ETA: I'll keep checking back for your theories or PM me with your thoughts about what happened.
Thank you for your help.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM EST  
JudyB

11:53 am
Eagle just flew into the nest - looked around briefly - and snuggled in! I like that!

Click on image to download

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM EST  
JudyB

Second adult arrived, and began arranging sticks. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that these are our White Rock eagles!

Work on the nest continues, with an occasional "discussion" as to the best place for a particular stick.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM EST  
JudyB

Annie - we have discovered that sometimes if people start to post and then change their mind, the pictures they attached to the post they subsequently deleted or never submitted sometimes go into limbo and pop up in funny places - I'm guessing that's what happened here. It's been happening a lot less - but probably still happens.

I did have the hummingbird cam up earlier and posted on the thread, and while I'd taken some s'caps I didn't add them because they didn't look much different than the lovely ones already posted this morning - beyond that, not a clue.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM EST  
JudyB

12:05 pm
One (Mom?) is rooting around in the nest a bit, while the other gave us a nice close-up and then took a perch higher up in the tree. It's very windy and the tree really looks like it's rocking and rolling - though I need to remind myself the WA cam is in a separate tree, and the movement I see the the combination of the movement of the two trees - which often makes it look as if the tree is moving more than it is. The movement doesn't look anywhere near as much when I'm viewing neighboring trees with the CU cam.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM EST  
JudyB

Dad just flew off - Mom is still there, looking very cozy

And then Dad returns - with a BIG stick!

I missed the fly-in, but he sort of bonked Mom as he landed, and they conferred for a bit on just the right location for it.

Now one of them - I'm guessing Mom - has flown up out of the way while the other is busily trying the stick in various locations - such fun to watch!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:30 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate