The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2011
 |  Printable Version
By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Tuesday, January 04 2011 @ 09:41 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Good Morning Friends,:hello:

It is another beautiful sunny day here and the rivers are calling me. I do not work nor does anyone need me today, so I'm off to take my time and enjoy the eagles and rivers. I will post all of the photos tonight from today and yesterday. Everyone have a great day and I will see you all later my friends.:hello:

This is one photo from yesterday of the perched adult eagle with a fish.

Click on image to download

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Tuesday, January 04 2011 @ 11:03 AM EST  
yalitldevl

On The Brink

The Mara River

The quintessential image of the migration is the crossing of the Mara river: the surprising vulnerability of the wildebeest horde as they scramble down one bank and up the other, their fierce horns and grey-bearded heads turning nervously in search of predators. It's a spectacle routinely referred to as the seventh wonder of the world and one that draws tens of thousands of top-dollar tourists to both banks of the Mara every year.

But this year there is something missing Ė the water. "This is the first year we've ever seen the river this low," says Will Deed, who works with the Mara Conservancy, a not-for-profit group which manages one third of this huge reserve.

"In parts there's just small channels, one or one-and-a-half feet deep." In the same stretches of the river last year the water was as deep as five feet and "the wildebeest and zebra were up to their chests or necks, or even swimming," he adds.

"Normally it's an incredible ordeal for the wildebeest, with crocodiles waiting for them in the river."

for the rest of the story...

Mara River Drying Up

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: elle (offline) on Tuesday, January 04 2011 @ 11:21 AM EST  
elle

GOOD MORNING ( haven't had any chuppup this year)

Linda: That is one beautiful eagle on a crisp clear day. Yours look a bit different than ours. The Alaska eagles look different from ours, too. They are generally bigger. :dunno: Glad to see it eating a scrummy fish though.

Well since we had fewer dinner guests than anticipated on Sunday night, we had turkey sammies for brunch with a mandarin orange and a shortbread cookie and a repeat leftover turkey dinner last night. Now it is all gone, which is bittersweet. We've already had 2 Christmas dinners in 2011 and 11 months to go till the official next one.............hey! time to move on and stop stuffing ourselves or we won't fit into the kayaks in the spring. Oh My

Nonnie: the real sandwich was better than the dreamNodding yes except I didn't have the bread I wanted. .......... Did you ever find your Christmas decorations?

Annie: You are gonna get spanked, girl.NO Rolling on floor laughing ( I am surprised the little devil hasn't given me a whuppin' before now. It Wasn't Me)

Muddy: If you find ELF interesting, you might also find the HARP project of interest, too. Also the theory that bees are dying off like they are because microwaves from cell phones etc are disrupting their sense of the earth's magnetic field and they are losing their way. But they also have a disease that is killing them. Sad

Anna: Yes I guess "personal flotation devices" is universal. WinkTitter

Iona: Did you wear yourself out with that marathon ketchup?

Well... I am starting a project this morning and taking a friend of M-I-L's to visit her this afternoon. I'll tell y'all later...................

Cheers to everyone.

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Iona (offline) on Tuesday, January 04 2011 @ 11:44 AM EST  
Iona

12/30/10

Morning Jean

Hi Sue I enjoyed the higher temps too. Sue I have not seen any cardinals, but David said there is a hawk hanging round. Itís while Iím at CDC though. The kitties look happy. Glad hubby is getting closer to them.

Hi Bev Thanks for stopping by. Beautiful card for Kat & Lance.

Love the COTD PJ

Linda Thanks for the Snipe BOTD

PJ Great card for CK & SM

Hi Elle I watched the PB videos. They were neat. The bears relly tore up a couple of those cameras though.

Hi Lori Looks like the eagles will get a great dinner.

Hi Naoma

PJ Get rid of that migraine soon. Cute card for Gord.

CK Nice PFOTD. Leaves look like it could belong to mint family.

Linda I hope you werenít too easy on the deer killer.

Hi Lil

Hi Annie

Jean Love the streamer. David & I collect trains.

Hi Starr

Lori Nice pile of fish heads, & love the deer. Sorry about the smell.

Naoma Kitty video is too cute. Thanks

Hi Kathy So sorry you have the same start time at work. Been there done that too. I had times where I had to start at 3:00 am and go till 3:00 pm. Hope I never have to do that again.

Lori You better be resting that body.

Judy Thanks for the polar Bear article.

Hi Nanc, Hope all is well with you. Love the pics you posted. I will miss BJ also.

Hi Scott

I reached the end of this day. I have read ahead & to all worried about the K-up, I am still doing it to practice my typing. I still canít type enough words in a minute to get some jobs. Thanks for your concern though. BBL for more. Red Heart hug

Chardon Ohio
35 miles south east of Cleveland

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Tuesday, January 04 2011 @ 12:07 PM EST  
elle

GREAT EAGLE PIX AND ARTICLE FROM OUR LOCAL PAPER THIS MORNING

EAGLES AND CHUM SALMON COUNT

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: CovingtonKat (offline) on Tuesday, January 04 2011 @ 01:09 PM EST  
CovingtonKat

Pink Flower Of The Day

Awwwwwwwww...such a sweet little lily! Wub love

Click on image to download

HWF Member since March 2006.

Forum

Covington, WA

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Tuesday, January 04 2011 @ 01:12 PM EST  
elle

AND THIS JUST HAPPENED TO BE ON THE CBC WEBSITE TODAY. I LOVE SYNCHRONICITY.

BEE POPULATION DECLINES

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Tuesday, January 04 2011 @ 01:15 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Afternoon {{{{{{{Nestlings}}}}}}}}} hug

I think I'm gedding a code in my node Click on image to download

Hey Scott, I'm glad you liked the crow and kitten it is worth seeing again even if we already had right? You're welcome for 'scaps and wee Rach our little Diva. Gee it sure is frustrating, I should go out one day and leave the cam at home that way I won't feel the loss of missing them and stuff. It was a great day! I should have said that...frustrating but still a great day. Any day with an eagle in it is! Thanks so much for the bears, what did you think? At first I thought it was a vole then slowed down I didn't think so. Yeah that was sweet revenge last night after last year's U.S. shootout win on our ice! Bring on Russia! I'll be by later to check out the pics

today...

Thanks for our kickoff {{{{Jean}}}} and awww nice tuit for our Tx! she can replace the blank one now.

Mornin' Sue! yeah I was glad the DVD's finally arrived down east too! I thought that was sweet too how Rach would stare then look at Nana, thinking "that's me!" but looking for confirmation. Yeah I shut the windows last night! Well not shut but closer. You're welcome for the 'scaps and sweetpea typing away. I hope you guys are doing well and having fun! I still haven't gone cruising on ofo to see if I can spot my mystery bird but I will or my book one or the other.

ohhhh what's that cam like Scott? put the link ok?

{{{{{{{{{Nanc}}}}}}}}} early bird!! I hope the main doc is happy with all the results today! Thinking of you. No I won't get out today, innards aren't going to let that happen and I'm all stuffy, best stay in and rest up and try to get ahead of this thing.

hehe cute chopper {{{{Jean}}}} awww shoot to the oven. I don't use mine all that much but still nice to have it when you want it. I've been thinking of getting one of those countertop convection ovens...they're awesome. My sister had one and I loved using it when I was there. Quicker than a normal oven anyway therefore much more energy efficient. Had you seen the kitty and crow? Very cute huh? You're welcome for the 'scaps and pics yesterday and the giggle in my description of my outing...hehe

ohhh great shot Linda! wooohooo to a free day to be all yours! That doesn't happen often. I put up a OTB to cover for BOTD, I hope you have a blast. I'm sure you will

Mornin' Elle, nahhh can't spank Annie (yet). That's funny about not fitting into the kayaks. I'm sure you guys will by then. I hope MIL is in good shape for her friend and you this aft. Awww gee you're feeling left out on the spankings and surprised you've not gotten one yet here you go! ...Click on image to download

Hey Iona!! still going strong I see and that's great that it's for practice. How is it working? Are you getting faster? Here's a neat little test that will tell you your WPM (mine was 51, not as fast I thought but I have to correct a lot slowing me down) and some other tools, it's fun...

Typing test

You're welcome for the pics and stuff I posted. That fish pile didn't even survive 24 hours! They'll get another one next week ppppuuuuu! Keep practicing Hon but remember your posture and wrist position so you don't end up like me and others. Titter

Thanks for the links Elle

awwww very perty PFOTD Kat!!

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:02 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate