The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Chilliwack Bald Eagles
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: naturelady () on Friday, December 31 2010 @ 07:17 AM EST  
Anonymous: naturelady

Scott, just checked out your last 2 outings this morning. Love the pics of the juvie in the water. And with the juvie with its wings all spread out like that in the field. Beautiful! Love the pics of your eagles sitting in the trees and in flight. Nice pics of your hawks too. Cute pics of those little ducks and morning doves. Love that pic of the kingfisher! What a cutie!! I really like the pics of the eagles together and with the mountain in the background. So beautiful. Those trumpeter swans in flight are amazing. Looks like it was a gorgeous day for you to be out too. Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful pics with us Scott. Can you tell I loved all of them? And it was also nice to enjoy some popcorn too while I was enjoying your wonderful outing.Smile

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Friday, December 31 2010 @ 08:42 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Scott, You found the SUN my friend! What awesome photos you got on your outing. I love the Eagle pair, they are awesome. Great catch of the Kingfisher, beautiful! I also love all the background mountain shots. What a beautiful day with NATURE. Thanks for bringing it to us Scott. I wish you many more wonderful outings in The Great Outdoors for 2011 my friend.:hello:

I believe your ducks are Bufflehead.

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Friday, December 31 2010 @ 12:14 PM EST  
yalitldevl

the one duck for sure is a Bufflehead and I think the other might be a Redhead. Looove the hawk shots and the male kingfisher. Ohhh look at that guy! I'll take that and study it later, for sure it's different. Looks more eagle-like to me than hawk-like. Oh there, next post you're agreeing. Geee I think that might be another Golden Juvenile! ewwweee great eagle shots and I love the lovebirds there sitting side by side on the branch, how sweet is that? Wow those shots from the bridge are gorgeous! weeeee great outing BF! Wub We need to see about the mystery bird later

ETA: Scott can you bring those shots over to the Golden/Bald thread. I think I'll be sending those off

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Friday, December 31 2010 @ 12:34 PM EST  
golden1

Scott every time I come here to visit I am overwhelmed by the beauty of the area in which you live. The shot of the eagles in the tree with the mt background is outstanding. I love coming here. Thank you for sharing

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Friday, December 31 2010 @ 07:18 PM EST  
mmud

Thank you Sue, Linda, Lori, & Donna. wave

A very short direct drive today. No eagles or hawks at the Far Away or Prest Rd. nests.
I swung by the eagle field on my way home and one eagle was there.
Click on image to download

Farther down the same road, I saw two Red-tailed Hawks.

Too many hockey games on today so I didn't spend much time looking around. Whistling

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: elbowman (offline) on Friday, December 31 2010 @ 07:51 PM EST  
elbowman

Scooty,
I just love that photo of the two eagles preparing to fight (pg. 17). It reminds me of my heron avatar photo.

You are one rockin' photog! How great to be able to witness all this tremendous wildlife firsthand!

Elbowman

CK's SM
Covington, WA, USA

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Iona (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 11:33 AM EST  
Iona

Hey Scott I love the pics. My favs are the adult soaring overhead, and the mountain backround ones. Thanks again BF

Chardon Ohio
35 miles south east of Cleveland

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 09:13 PM EST  
mmud

Hi Lance & Iona. wave
Glad you liked the pics.
Each time I go out now Lance I feel fortunate to see the things that I do.
For far too many years I saw similar things, but never really paid closer attention. I'm glad I finally opened my eyes as I'm learning so much.
After the show today I made my errand run. No eagles at the Far Away or Prest Rd. nests, but this one was perched beside the road.

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:21 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate