You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans, Turtle Bay, CA - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Sunday, December 26 2010 @ 07:10 PM EST  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Nice. hug Only need 11 more.
Was it windy there this morning? It was really blowing up my way. Think they might have had to hold on tight with those talons.

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, December 26 2010 @ 07:55 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Thanks Eagle Eye!That wasn't one I was considering for the calendar, but I loved how close those two were!
Yes, it was crazy windy here, and more rain, just what we needed~NOT!!!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: itsgrama (offline) on Monday, December 27 2010 @ 03:35 AM EST  
itsgrama

Eaglewoman,
Are you also considering some of the scaps in the previous forum? But, I suppose you already have all of those stored on your computer already. I'm just always a step ahead of everybody..WhistlingNOT!!! LOL and, don't forget some of those lil ones. Someone(probably you?) had some really cute ones of the kids if I remember correctly, but, of course, my handle kindof says it all, doesn't it?:blink:

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, December 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Chin I didn't realize that you could use scaps itsgrama? Are there any copyright issues with the use of those? Right now, I was planning on just using my photos from the past 3 years, even though they are not professional quality. But, I'll look into using scaps, I just received my Hancock Calendar and they did use some scaps in theirs, so it is a possibility!

Here is a video of P & L mating from last week at dusk. It's hard to make them out since it was after 5pm when I took it, but you'll get the idea!love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXr4LAuo_Lg

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, December 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Very Happy Good news eagle lovers! Someone must have let Patriot & Liberty know that I was making a calendar because I was out there for almost 2 hours yesterday, with lots of sunshine, blue sky, and I was able to take lots of great new eagle pics, including some awesome close ups of Liberty!!!Left thumb up These new shots will definitely make my P & L Calendar a lot better!!!Grin

P & L were in a tree that I've never seen them roost together in before? It is close to the Turkey Vultures roosting trees across the pond from their nest area. I took some shots of them over there from the new bike trail.
Click on image to download

Just when I thought life couldn't get any better, they both flew over to the nest, and I got some nice pics and video from there!

And, then I knew that the eagle angels were smiling down on me when Liberty flew even closer to me, posed for some great close ups, and then broke off a large branch and headed back to the nest.love

Today was one of those days when I felt I had been given a gift from Patriot & Liberty, and I will gladly share that gift with all of you, my fellow eagle lovers!Red Heart

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Thursday, December 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM EST  
Anonymous: CAL04

Absolutely gorgeous photos of Liberty and Patriot, Sitting eagle Woman! Thank you.

Hi itsgrama!
Grin

10:49 am, Empty nest.

Have not been on cam much recently (holidays and other things) so don't know how long we have had the following message on cam site: "The Panoramic Camera is not functioning and unfortunately will remain down for the remainder of the season. As soon as the eagles have left, we will be able to work on the equipment in the tree. We hope you enjoy the close-up view of the nest.

Oh well - quite thankful for the CU cam. Will be playing catch-up on the forum for a while today.

By: itsgrama (offline) on Thursday, December 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM EST  
itsgrama

Hi Cal#4.wave
..That message has been on since, oh, let's see....page 8 of this forum.Roll eyes LOL Dec 23, I believe. I was so looking forward to both cameras, alas.Rant: But, I do appreciate the close up view. Let's hope that they don't end up having problems with it at the most inopportune times, eh?

And, WOW, Eaglewoman, you most definitely have an in with the eagles.Very Happy What gorgeous pictures! I can't wait for the calendar.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: eagletwatcher () on Friday, December 31 2010 @ 10:01 AM EST  
Anonymous: eagletwatcher

wow, eaglewoman! very very very nice!! and today another sunny day!!!

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:40 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate