Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans, Turtle Bay, CA - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Friday, December 24 2010 @ 12:29 AM EST  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Has anyone else ever thought that it might be wonderful to have a calendar of Patriot and Liberty and their youngins? I would think it would be a big seller. I just received my Lily and Hope calendar(bear.org) and would love to have one of our very own eagles. There are so many great photos posted on this forum........what do you all think?

Did you read this eaglewoman? I think it is an excellent idea, too. :idea: Put my order in for 3. I think you could do well with it. What say ye?

Yes, itsgrama one of my parrots talks to me. We carry on conversations--as long as I initiate it with the right question. Grin The other one just squaks when it wants something--kinda like a baby has a way of getting what it wants.

So, eaglewoman, when can I expect my Sitting eagle calendars?

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, December 24 2010 @ 02:34 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Don't Panic itsgrama, I believe the message said that the close-up camera is still working fine and they have that one zoomed out as far as it can go right now. It was working fine for me today? Once the eggs are laid, they can zoom that one in nice and close for us, too, which is great!

Oh, yeah P & L Calendars, I have thought of doing that for a while now, haven't I?!? I guess I could pick out 12 of my best shots and give it a try! Give me a week Eagle Eye and I should have them done for you!

Here's a shot of Patriot from around 4:40 tonite. He hung out by the nest until Libby arrived around 5pm and they both worked diligently on it for a while. Then, they moved to their favorite branch and some mating/bonding action occurred. I took some video too which I will post soon...
Waiting for his mate...
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: itsgrama (offline) on Friday, December 24 2010 @ 03:36 PM EST  
itsgrama

Hey Eaglewoman, are you now taking orders for calendars? They will, of course, include pix of the lil ones too, right? I would think you could do well selling them. Put me on the list for 3 as well. And, hurry before Turtlebay sees the value in selling calendars.Shh
btw, I did talk to Toby at TB re: the problem with the cameras and the pic box not being there. He fixed it quickly. Still, durn it, we will only have the close up cam until next season.sigh sign

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: itsgrama (offline) on Friday, December 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM EST  
itsgrama

And, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE wave

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, December 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Sitting eagleSitting eagle Merry Christmas to one and all!

I'll see what I can do for the calendars itsgramaLeft thumb up

And, here is a link to my video from last night(Friday 12/24) when both eagles flew right over my head and Liberty headed straight for the nest, while Patriot circled around, possibley snagged a stick and then flew into the nest. The two of them hung out on the branch together snuggling nice and close until dusk...
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm1QkPeveRE

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, December 25 2010 @ 10:06 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Oops, I almost forgot to post a link to a Record Searchlight article about the situation with the eaglecam...

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/dec/24 ... will-wait/

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Sunday, December 26 2010 @ 01:44 AM EST  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Merry Christmas. Very nice video, eaglewoman. It sure shows the size difference between Patriot and Liberty.

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, December 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Bash computer I haven't been able to get the eaglecam at all yet today? Not sure what the problem is?!?

Anyway, as I was going through pics looking for calendar shots(I'm trying guys!), I found one of P & L snuggling from last week that I hadn't posted.
Could this pair get any closer?!?Red HeartRed HeartRed Heart
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:28 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate