Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Velma Flann (offline) on Monday, December 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Jean, I am sincerely sorry that Heidi is worse. I will never forget taking our Peppi and Mitzi in for help in crossing the bridge - and only wish that we had known then about having them cremated. It broke our hearts to leave them in the garden at the other house when we moved here. I will be thinking of all of you tomorrow.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, December 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

For Heidi our Pal... A Dog's Plea
Author Unknown

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for you voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated animal, no longer accustomed to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun. Please see that my trusting life is taken gently. I shall leave this earth knowing with the last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1:

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, December 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM EST  

Click on image to downloadFrom Heidi----------:cry1:
Dec, 21st 2010 @3.30
Time to Go

The time has come I think you know
the Great Spirit is calling so I must go
I love you so much; I wish it wasn't so
I wish I could stay; I don't want to go

You're the best family a dog ever had
so kind and gentle never mean or mad
I'll never forget the day that we met
I was so lucky to become your pet

You opened your door and showed me your heart
I'll never forget you; we'll never part
You loved me and cared for me over the years
you taught me everything and took away my fears

The Great Spirit is calling now I must go
but before I go I want you to know
I know it hurts to lose a friend
but I'll always be with you even to the end

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Tuesday, December 21 2010 @ 01:07 PM EST  
elainemyrkle

Jean

I am so sorry to hear about your Heidi. :cry1: I'll be right here thinking about you and Gabe.

Click on image to download

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, December 21 2010 @ 02:13 PM EST  

Our Thanks to you for sending this beautiful note and card Elaine. Heidi knows she is sick..The Dr. said..It's a tough, one to have to do but we feel she will at last have peace and comfort and when the time comes all three of us will be together again..
She was a special Minature Dachsund called a Merle rather rare because of her colouring, the smartest dog we ever owned.They now have them in different colours, I guess. Jean and Gabe :cry1:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS
Elaine I have relatives in Michigan and Friends. Could we get together some time here and see if you knew them by chance. ? Thank you Elaine .. Jean and Gabe

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Tuesday, December 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM EST  
elainemyrkle

Oh sure Jean, that would be a fun thing to do. I just can't tell you how badly I feel for you and Gabe at this time. It sure is easy to bring animals into our house, our lives, love them to pieces. But it's a whole different thing to loose them. I was at work when I read about your Heidi and the tears were rolling down my face. Thank goodness for tissues. :cry1:
And now I need another one. Take care.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, December 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM EST  

She is gone now. The place is so emty and I am feelintg very very sad. I will write to you about the people I know next week or the ist of the year Elaine if that is ok with you.? Many Thanks for helping :cry1: with this sorrow... Jean

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Tuesday, December 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

I really understand what you're going through.
I found it helpful to sit on her favourite chair as it still had her smell and some of her fur on it. I also spent quite a lot of time in the first week looking at photos and videos I had of her and talking and reminiscing of happy times. Of course that made me miss her more. but it was better than not saying anything and ignoring what an enormous part she played in our lives for almost 19 years.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:05 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate