Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Velma Flann (offline) on Tuesday, December 14 2010 @ 01:10 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Good Morning! A rather wet dreary day today. It is just above freezing, and the rain is melting what little snow we had.

We have been keeping busy out in the shop, getting the two cedar chests ready for Christmas. they are almost ready for the fine sanding and finish to be applied now. Our daughter and daughter-in-law will be quite surprised and pleased I think!

Boy, Christmas is sure approaching quickly!! I made some more shortbread yesterday, as the first batch seems to have disappeared already!!! In a day or two, I'll do some more butter tarts, but other than that - I am pretty well ready. Just going to wrap the Great grand-baby's things this morning, then I'm done as far as gifts go. I do have to email some cards though. Thank-you for yours this morning Jean.

Off to see what I can get into!! have a good day.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, December 14 2010 @ 02:16 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Click on image to downloadClick on image to downloadIn Sarnia a terrible storm, and Iced car in BC.... Glad it isn't here The weather is being very different. We do have a tiny bit of snow on the ground and it is very cold minus 10C so far at 2,18pm. Not going to anywhere either.. Jean

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, December 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM EST  

A note from our beloved Cee she says "Ohhh Jean, Thank you so much. They removed bone and shaved a few others is all. Can only sit for 20 minutes at a time for a while and not sure for how. Now that is so hard for me and will be off 2-3 months. Love you

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, December 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM EST  

Click on image to downloadThe highway is part of the main route between Toronto and Chicago and the stranded drivers included Americans. While the area around Sarnia is familiar with sudden snow squalls, particularly in December when Lake Huron is not frozen, the intensity of the sudden storm swiftly overwhelmed snow-plow operators and police.
Chris Scott, a meteorologist for The Weather Network, a Canadian cable channel, said that the one to two feet of snow that fell along points of the highway was not extraordinary for the area. But when combined with relatively cold 10 degree Fahrenheit temperatures and 40 to 50 mile an hour winds, the storm became “exceptional.” The conditions created snow drifts exceeding six feet.
The highway largely runs through a sparsely settled rural area, leaving many drivers and their passengers with only their vehicles for shelter, although some farmers used tractors to perform impromptu rescues.
Police, often traveling by snowmobile, could do little more than encourage drivers clustered in small groups along the highway to consolidate into a single vehicle for greater warmth.
.On Tuesday morning, a Canadian Forces Hercules search and rescue plane was scanning the ground for vehicles and two military helicopters began airlifting people from cars. Police and troops had brought 237 people to shelters by the early evening and snowplows

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, December 15 2010 @ 01:32 AM EST  

Click on image to download I love this picture. The dolls in the window and it.a wonderful era. Victorian which I love. Good night sleepy Sleepy Now off to bed and see you in the morning minus 11C cold

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, December 15 2010 @ 12:34 PM EST  

Click on image to download Sure is a lot of people around here, well in the picture./ Have a nice day and Stay safe. minus 9C Sunny, busy ,busy

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, December 15 2010 @ 09:45 PM EST  

Click on image to download Good night sleepy Sleepy Been a very long day Old Hen

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Thursday, December 16 2010 @ 10:52 PM EST  

Click on image to download Oh to be young again Bobsledding was fun in my era , giggle Been a fair day for weather but is minus13C right now That's a bit cool. Some awful things happening on account of the weather. Kinda worried... all over the word. Some warm places are now cold It is changing...I am afraid....
Good night sleepy Sleepy

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:33 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate