See You There!

Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Harrison Mills Bald Eagle Nest
 Harrison Mills 2017-2018 Observation and Discussion Thread
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, November 27 2017 @ 10:33 AM EST  
JudyB

Good morning, everyone!

7:29 am
I'm not positive, Bev, but I think the eagle who just left is a juvie; here's a picture just before it departed.

Click on image to download

I think it's also possible that the adult is a young adult or subadult - hard to be sure this early in the morning, but there may be some darker feathers on the head.

And south zoomer has found two adults!

And the adult in back just flew off - looked as if he or she flew under the other adult, but hard to be sure of the perspective. Zoomer just checked and he or she didn't come to the nest.

Lots to do today, but I'll try to check in when I can.

Oh - lots of eagles there - not surprising with all the eagles Karen reported from the Festival!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, November 27 2017 @ 10:37 AM EST  
IrishEyes

Thanks so much Judy..... I didn't see you here and I posted a picture for the DVR of the juvie leaving also ..and great finds Darlene!
7:38am
Adult is leaving

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Monday, November 27 2017 @ 10:39 AM EST  
Darlene

Good morning everyone! Bev, it is wonderful to see you!

I took a look around on the south cam. There were 2 eagles in the babysitting tree but both have flown off. I only saw maybe 6-8 eagles perched in trees down by the river but it's a pretty gloomy day there.

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, November 27 2017 @ 10:44 AM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: Darlene

Good morning everyone! Bev, it is wonderful to see you!

I took a look around on the south cam. There were 2 eagles in the babysitting tree but both have flown off. I only saw maybe 6-8 eagles perched in trees down by the river but it's a pretty gloomy day there.

Thanks Darlene ...I also happy to be here ! Big hugs Nice to see some eagles ..... with the flats covered with water U suspect most of them are over on the other side of the river...JMO!

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, November 27 2017 @ 10:45 AM EST  
JudyB

Slightly off-topic -

As some of you know, Hancock Wildlife is in the process of moving to a new website - and while this website and forum were offline at the beginning of the month, we set up a Live Cams page on the work-in-progress new site. And we also may be making some changes in how the cams are streamed (some of you have noticed that there's now a YouTube window inside the WildEarth window, which provides the option to "go back in time" and see what happened in the previous hour or two).

As part of the testing of new ways of doing things, I've switched the three Harrison Mills cam feeds on the new page http://hwf.simian-studios.ca/live-cams/ so they stream directly from YouTube, rather than via WildEarth - which means you can go to full stream directly. The viewing windows aren't all the same size - still working on that - but feel free to check it out!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, November 27 2017 @ 10:52 AM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: JudyB

Slightly off-topic -

As some of you know, Hancock Wildlife is in the process of moving to a new website - and while this website and forum were offline at the beginning of the month, we set up a Live Cams page on the work-in-progress new site. And we also may be making some changes in how the cams are streamed (some of you have noticed that there's now a YouTube window inside the WildEarth window, which provides the option to "go back in time" and see what happened in the previous hour or two).

As part of the testing of new ways of doing things, I've switched the three Harrison Mills cam feeds on the new page http://hwf.simian-studios.ca/live-cams/ so they stream directly from YouTube, rather than via WildEarth - which means you can go to full stream directly. The viewing windows aren't all the same size - still working on that - but feel free to check it out!

WOW! Judy .......This is great and thanks for all you are doing hug Looking forward using when they are ready !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, November 27 2017 @ 11:04 AM EST  
JudyB

You can use them now, Bev - I shared the link in case people wanted to try them out. The other cams still go through WildEarth, but I may change them eventually - haven't decided.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Heather L (offline) on Monday, November 27 2017 @ 11:07 AM EST  
Heather L

Good Morning Bev and all, Nice to see the Eagles sprinkled around HM. I was having trouble with youtube but might be a problem with my tablet. Now I have to go pack water sigh!

Forum

Fort St John British
Columbia

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:04 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate