Click on image to download

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, September 03 2017 @ 08:52 AM EDT  
jkr

Good Morning Calgary

DKY, thanks for taking the time to stop down at the nest yesterday. So sorry I wasn't watching the camera at the time you were there. Perhaps BET has some video recording at that time.
I guess there really is no way to know if this family is still in the area. SR has only made a couple of very brief visits the past two days and Dad popped in quickly on Friday. It would be nice to think the three you saw were ours but as you say, there is no way to identify them. Grin

6:51 a.m.
We are greeted with a "Cannot load M3U8: 404 Not Found"
Did they turn off the camera, did the camera finally fail, or is there a power outage at the zoo ?
There is also a notice for those signing into Enmax that signing in will be unavailable until 2:30 because of scheduled maintenance. Perhaps that's the same reason the camera is down DunnoPuzzled

As of 9:35 a.m. the camera is still out of commission.

Added:
I checked the camera at 11:20 and it is not up.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Sunday, September 03 2017 @ 04:37 PM EDT  
lilywriter

2:37 pm Still no camera

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: ErnieL (offline) on Sunday, September 03 2017 @ 05:28 PM EDT  
ErnieL

***I check in & read quite often but don't always have something to say. Today while heading south on Deerfoot Tr. just north of the Bow Bottom exit there were at least 2 osprey sitting on light poles. They looked to be adults but it was hard to really see them while navigating traffic & looking into the bright sky. There may have been a 3rd one on a different light pole but I wasn't able to see it clear enough to determine that it was an osprey. I know there is a nest in that area somewhere so they are probably from that family of osprey. I've seen osprey there before.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, September 03 2017 @ 07:25 PM EDT  
jkr

I have sent a Tweet to Enmax to ask if the camera is down for the season or if this is temporary. I'll let you know when/if I hear back from them.

Christine, nice to see you here even if we have no camera. Missed you !

Ernie, it's good to know there are still osprey in Calgary. Maybe our family are still in this area but not making many visits to the nest.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: lilywriter (offline) on Sunday, September 03 2017 @ 10:11 PM EDT  
lilywriter

Hi Ernie and Judy,

The nest on Deerfoot is on sign for Southland Drive. There were two young this year and it is the second year for the nest in that spot. Today, I saw one of the young eating on the nest and then one on one of the lights. I am wondering if the mom and one of the young has migrated.

On the 22X, a pair also made a nest on a sign and also had two young. Today, we saw a young eating on the nest and a parent on a light which makes me wonder if mom and one of the younger have left also.

I hope the zoo camera has not been shut down. It is too early!!!

I hope you get some rain, Judy, to quench the fires. Stay safe.

Christine

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, September 04 2017 @ 07:24 AM EDT  
jkr

Monday September 04, 2017

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, September 04 2017 @ 07:38 AM EDT  
jkr

Good Morning Calgary

I have not heard back from Enmax regarding the camera but I am not surprised because it is a holiday weekend.

Christine, good to know there are still osprey at some of the nests that you were able to spot. I will always wonder why JR and MID stopped coming to the nest so early and why SR had been such a homebody. The behaviour this year has been very unusual compared to previous years but maybe Dad being injured had something to do with it. We will never know.

Thanks for your good wishes on the forest fire situation. We all wait day to day to see how things are going. All of Moyie and the surrounding area of it has been evacuated as the fire advances. So far Cranbrook is not on an evacuation alert and we do hope it stays that way and that the fire can be put under control. Unfortunately, the wind always decides to blow in the afternoons and it heads directly our way.
Here is a photo someone local took very early Sunday morning showing the west side of Moyie Lake. Beautiful but so devastating.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:20 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate