|  Printable Version
By: LydiaS (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:44 PM EDT  
LydiaS

9:41am . . . I heard Karen saying Hello !! . . . and there they are

Click on image to download

aka schoenly

A lot of people have heard about the bald eagle, but you don't really appreciate the majestic nature of a bald eagle until you actually get to view one. - Scott Root

Forum

Snohomish, WA, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:44 PM EDT  
Jean

9:42am..............They are here! Karen, I heard you call up to the nest!

I see David, Karen, Lesley and Myles here.

Karen and Lesley.

David.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:46 PM EDT  
JudyB

Camera Cleaning at Delta 2

Today's the day! David Hancock and his team are planning to arrive at the nest site at around 9:30 this morning (Pacific time), and we'll be able to watch while they clean the cams to get ready for the return of the eagles in another month or so - archive.hancockwildlife.org/index.php?topic=Delta2.

And we need your help - please help us document the visit to the nest by posting your observations, screenshots and videos here - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=1025415#1025415.

We also need your financial support.

As you may know, Delta 2 was our first viewer-sponsored nest - and we need your help to keep the cam streaming for another year. Big thanks to those who contributed to our initial matching drive, and to those who have pre-adopted Delta 2 for the 2017-2018 nesting season:

We raised $3000 in our earlier matching drive towards the $5000 needed to sponsor this nest for the next year, and I have great news -

Up to $1000 in new donations this month will matched!

There are several ways to donate -

• CanadaHelps is the easiest way to donate to HWF - you can learn more about them here.

• PayPal also works, though it doesn't have the easy option for monthly donations that CanadaHelps has.

• You can adopt Delta 2 (or the HWF nest of your choice) for a $250 donation - read more here - or just click the CanadaHelps button above, make your donation, and use the "notes" section to let us know which nest (or nests) you are adopting, and how you'd like your name listed.

• We are also trying something new - adoption on the installment plan! Donate $50/month for 5 months starting today, and you'll be able to adopt a nest by the end of the year (or as a holiday present - see the link above)! Just let Karen know your donation is the first installment towards adoption (karen@hancockwildlife.org) - and if your initial installment is made in August, it will be eligible for the matching drive!

• You can join our monthly donor program - more info here.

• There's general information about donating, and other ways to donate, here.

Delta 2 is an interesting nest with an interesting story - as many of you know, Ma Delta suffered a serious injury to one of her legs a few years ago, probably in a territorial battle with another eagle - and she now seems almost completely recovered from what definitely appeared to be a broken leg.

And - this is a cam that lets you focus in on tiny chicks (screenshot courtesy of Windsong and clicks larger):

And also, thanks to our great zooming team, the cam also lets us watch the adults on a variety of perches a l-o-n-g way from the nest (screenshot courtesy of schoenly and clicks much larger):

We need your time and/or money to keep this camera streaming. Please help us post observations today - and now and then during the next month or so while we wait for the eagles to return (we sometimes get interesting visitors!). If you're interested in becoming a zoomer, please let Jean or me know. And if you can, please use the Canada Helps button above or the "continue the cuteness" button in my signature to help us with the ongoing expenses and the extra costs like the new router we just needed.

Thank you - and Enjoy!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:47 PM EDT  
Jean

9;46am.............Thanks Lydia for being here! Could you please take some s'caps so I can focus on the cams?

Good morning Judy! Thank you!!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jetsetterdavis (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:48 PM EDT  
Jetsetterdavis

Is that David?

It is offence with a huge fine under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act and the Migratory Bird Treaty Act to go near a nest. Watch the cams and enjoy them without disturbing them!

All photos are copyright by the site owner of the cam. Do not use without permission of the people who run the cam!

Cheryl D

Forum

United Kingdom

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM EDT  
Jean

Quote by: Jetsetterdavis

Is that David?

Yes, Cheryl, that is David...............he is grabbing some greenery, likely to put in the nest..........also I see many sticks in the back of this truck.

Glad you are here Cheryl!

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: LydiaS (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM EDT  
LydiaS

Quote by: Jean

9;46am.............Thanks Lydia for being here! Could you please take some s'caps so I can focus on the cams?

Jean . . . sure can . . .

aka schoenly

A lot of people have heard about the bald eagle, but you don't really appreciate the majestic nature of a bald eagle until you actually get to view one. - Scott Root

Forum

Snohomish, WA, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: SueB (offline) on Monday, August 28 2017 @ 12:53 PM EDT  
SueB

Good morning Jean, Lydia, Cheryl, and Judy. Is that nesting material that David was taking out of the truck?

aka livingbayside/Bailey
Love is found in unexpected places.....It is there in the quiet moment when we first discover a beautiful thing.....When we watch a bird soar high against a pale blue sky.....(unknown author)

Forum

SW Florida

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:33 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate