The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Redding, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam (formerly Turtle Bay)
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, July 02 2017 @ 02:46 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Thanks Karen! We will be thinking of you guys on the 8th for your Fledgefest! Sure wish we could've made the trip up there for that!

Here are the details for our Celebration of Life for Solo...

A Celebration for "Solo"
Wednesday July 5th
7:00-8:00pm
Sundial Bridge, Redding CA

We will gather together to mourn the loss of "Solo", our Redding eaglet who died on Sunday June 25,2017. This was Liberty & Spirit's only eaglet this season. Solo was 9 & 1/2 weeks old, only a few weeks from fledging when she left us.

We will take a moment to remember our sweet Solo who touched and inspired so many of us here in Redding and beyond...

Attendees are invited to share a special moment or memory about Solo from this nesting season. If you are not able to attend, but would like us to read something that you wrote, just let us know! We would be glad to share that for you!

Meet at the Sundial Bridge in Redding, CA

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Sunday, July 02 2017 @ 06:42 PM EDT  
karenbills

Oh, Terri, just reading that brings on the tears again. Eagle hugs my friend.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Philjo56France (offline) on Monday, July 03 2017 @ 02:25 AM EDT  
Philjo56France

Quote by: eaglewoman

Thanks Karen! We will be thinking of you guys on the 8th for your Fledgefest! Sure wish we could've made the trip up there for that!
Here are the details for our Celebration of Life for Solo...

A Celebration for "Solo"
Wednesday July 5th
7:00-8:00pm
Sundial Bridge, Redding CA
We will gather together to mourn the loss of "Solo", our Redding eaglet who died on Sunday June 25,2017. This was Liberty & Spirit's only eaglet this season. Solo was 9 & 1/2 weeks old, only a few weeks from fledging when she left us.
We will take a moment to remember our sweet Solo who touched and inspired so many of us here in Redding and beyond...
Attendees are invited to share a special moment or memory about Solo from this nesting season. If you are not able to attend, but would like us to read something that you wrote, just let us know! We would be glad to share that for you!
Meet at the Sundial Bridge in Redding, CA

Bonjour Terry, Hi all, as i said in my first message, i didn't know Solo before, only by what you wrote all of you about her. How she was and is loved !
I'm sad as she was a friend of me.
I will be there next wednesday with all of you by Thought, Soul and Spirit with all my litlle and grand ones lost this year kept in the deepest or my heart, DN6 from Decorah North, DH3 from Dale Hollow, Freedom, Justice and Hope from Minnesota Bound Nest without forgotten Mom Hope from Fulton Nest their new Mother now.
Fly free and higher all of you and show the way to this marvellous Flower who is Solo.
Her last days were certainly not so good as i could understand, now they are all Super.
You'll stay also in my heart brave little one.
Take care all of you, and for sure we will met Her and all Others in the future.
Post some scaps for me. Thank you all from this great Eagle Family, i'm proud to be a part of it.

* E9holic.Please do not try to heal me of my addiction . 14 months old.
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. Bev Shofstall of Free Again Wildlife Rehabilitation
RIP 2018: Harrison Bay (Tn) Eloise First Lady 01/14. Dollywood Eleanor(“Ellie”) 01/17. Old Creek Town Park in Eufaula (Al) Eaglet 02/04. Berry Collège Eaglet 02/22, Stevie osprey (Aus), Dale Hollow 03/06-07 DH4

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, July 04 2017 @ 07:45 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Thank You Karen, all eagle hugs are welcome right now! Hope things are shaping up for your Fledgefest! Please give our best to one and all!Bravo

Hello Phil! Thank you again for your kind words and compassion. We wish that you could be with us to share your wonderful eagle spirit with us all, but we will feel your presence as we mourn the loss of our dear one Solo...

This was sent to all of our American friends who are celebrating the 4th of July today from the incredible photographer, Christian Sasse...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Tuesday, July 04 2017 @ 11:43 PM EDT  
karenbills

Well I didn't get one, Terri, so thanks for posting that so I could download it. I guess Christian probably forgot that I'm a proud Yankee!!

Happy 4th of July to you, Kit and all the other Americans who post on this thread.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Philjo56France (offline) on Wednesday, July 05 2017 @ 09:18 AM EDT  
Philjo56France

Good morning all redding Ca nest's followers

With you all this evening Solo's lovers to share your sadness and to help Brave, Proud and so Little Loving Solo to fly free and high as she do now.

I don't want to forget Liberty nor Spirit.

I'm sure they lost Something Great and i'm a little sad they were not able to know what happened because they didn't see their little one, Solo, after her death.

They missed Solo so much even if they knew she was so weak.

I finished by letting here 3 pics.
The first one is a pic we share with Stephaniemhood from Dale Hollow forum. We used to called it, the Litlle DH3's Soul or Spirit wich was always protecting her two siblings. I asked her to join and help Solo to find the good way now.
The second one is a copy of one of your Solo's pic, a Carole's one, from here because Solo is now guided by DH3.
The 3rd one is a pic from Google earth. a view of Sundial Bridge where my Spirit, Soul and thoughts will be among you all
Take care my Eagle Family and open wide your wings like mine will be.
It will be like this between 7pm and 8pm.

* E9holic.Please do not try to heal me of my addiction . 14 months old.
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. Bev Shofstall of Free Again Wildlife Rehabilitation
RIP 2018: Harrison Bay (Tn) Eloise First Lady 01/14. Dollywood Eleanor(“Ellie”) 01/17. Old Creek Town Park in Eufaula (Al) Eaglet 02/04. Berry Collège Eaglet 02/22, Stevie osprey (Aus), Dale Hollow 03/06-07 DH4

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eagleslanding (offline) on Wednesday, July 05 2017 @ 12:07 PM EDT  
eagleslanding

I watched you as you grew. Lurking in the background. Stopping by every now and then. You didn't even know I was stopping in. Every time I stopped in I saw a wonderful devoted Eagle family. Working so hard for you Solo. Growing into a beautiful eaglet. All the food brought into your nest, all the standing watch over you Solo by Spirit and Liberty. So many people standing watch over you. You had a whole team behind you who love you every step of the way. We don't know what happened for sure. Why it got so hot. But your mom shaded you when she could. You even were on the side of the nest so out of view to find the shade. No one knows why the heat came just as you were getting your wings. So many things out of your control Solo. Yet you spread your wings to venture forth. Just an ordinary day. Now it is you looking down on us as we gather for you Solo. Fly Solo fly. So many people and Spirit and Liberty. All here for you as you look down. I was just watching Solo. This is all for you today. So many people directly involved for you. A fleeting moment in time on this earth. But shall fly free forevermore. Now you can see all who gather and love you so much Solo.

Forum

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, July 05 2017 @ 07:20 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Karen~Christian put that out on facebook so that's why you might not have seen it?

Phil~Thank you so much! I love your words & photos & yes, you will be right there with us tonite!

Eagleslanding~ Your words brought tears to my eyes today. I hope you don't mind if we read that tonite at Solo's Celebration of Life? It would be perfect!

Thank you one and all for being here when we need you most...hug

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 06:24 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate