The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Redding, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam (formerly Turtle Bay)
 |  Printable Version
By: RitaR (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 10:19 AM EDT  
RitaR

wave Good morning Carole, Terri, Jean and all. Thank you for starting the day Carole. Thinking positive thoughts that Solo is found today. Spirit sure looked all over when he was in the nest. At 7:15 am it's already very warm.

Click on image to download

Forum

Oregon Coast

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 10:40 AM EDT  
karenbills

Oh no. Talons crossed on finding Solo today, Terri. I've been reading the forum daily but had no time for posting due to all the media attention at our Roberts Bay nest in Sidney, BC with the little hawklet fledging and all. Plus at Harrison Mills there's another bizarre situation commanding our attention.

Good luck to all today.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 02:59 PM EDT  
Jean

11:58am.........Bringing this forward from the chat................thanks Kit, I know you won't mind my posting this here Smile :

Click on image to download

Kit Harvey 2 hours ago

They just found Solo, stuck in berry bushes below the nest! That's all I know right now. Appears to be ok.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 04:39 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks, Jean and Kit! Keeping fingers crossed that you have rescue folks who can get him out of the bushes for a quick assessment, and hopefully know whether to put him on a branch or what will be best for him or her. I'm remembering reading Dr. Sharpe's account of rescuing one of the West End chicks from the bushes - sounded like a tricky thing to do, but successful in the end, and the chick was fine.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 05:21 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Dearest HWF Family
It is with great sadness that I share the news that our sweet Solo passed away at the Veterinary Office shortly after arriving.
The Vet said it appeared to be severe dehydration and she was also badly under weight for her age.

Please know that Mark, Marilee & I did everything we could do for Solo...

I wish I had better news...

But I still believe that the joys we all get from watching these beautiful creatures far outweighs the sorrows.

RIP Sweet Solo

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 05:33 PM EDT  
JudyB

Oh Terri, I'm crying as I type. Solo was such a beautiful young bird - and such a little character. He or she may not have lived long - but s/he'll be long remembered.

Rest in peace, young one - and fly free forever, far beyond the sky. sad

And I'm betting there was a step-dad waiting to greet you when you crossed the Rainbow Bridge. hug

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 05:49 PM EDT  
Jean

Quote by: eaglewoman

Dearest HWF Family
It is with great sadness that I share the news that our sweet Solo passed away at the Veterinary Office shortly after arriving.
The Vet said it appeared to be severe dehydration and she was also badly under weight for her age.

Please know that Mark, Marilee & I did everything we could do for Solo...

I wish I had better news...

But I still believe that the joys we all get from watching these beautiful creatures far outweighs the sorrows.

RIP Sweet Solo

Oh No Terri! This is not what we wanted or hoped to hear! Thanks to you and all the people who worked so hard to find Solo and at least bring her to a place where she could find some comfort at the end. A sad day here. Cry Hanky

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Carole (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 06:28 PM EDT  
Carole

I am at a lost for words. Did not expect this sad news about Solo. My heart is so broken.
Liberty went up and beyond to protect her baby during this vicious heatwave. I will never forget seeing Spirit on the nest this morning with the fish looking frantically around for Solo.
Thank you Terri and friends for rescuing Solo and being with her in the end.
On the bright side I am still happy that Liberty & Spirit came back to Turtle Bay nest this season and we had a chance to see them on cam again. Look forward to what next season will bring.

Hugs all around hug

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 06:27 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate