Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Redding, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam (formerly Turtle Bay)
 |  Printable Version
By: RitaR (offline) on Saturday, June 24 2017 @ 06:26 PM EDT  
RitaR

Quote by: Jean

3:20pm...... wave Hi Rita............it sounds like Terri is on it...........thanks for keeping watch here. Hope Solo is just below.

I hope so too Jean. I can't hear a thing over the traffic. Hope they are successful in locating Solo.

Forum

Oregon Coast

Profile Email   PM

By: Carole (offline) on Saturday, June 24 2017 @ 07:39 PM EDT  
Carole

wave Rita, Terri, Jean

fingers crossed that we hear good news that Solo is ok hanging by the river with Liberty & Spirit.

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, June 24 2017 @ 08:11 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Hi All!

Yes, I was able to go down there & look around & listen for Solo but I did not see or hear a thing. i didn't see Liberty or Spirit either?

I wish I could tell you more but it really was too hot for me to even be out there at this time of day when our temps are around 108 degrees currently! I felt like I was inside an oven as I rode my bike down the 44 trail! I rode over by the Family Tree to cool off along the river and I called Marilee from Shasta Wildlife to see what I should do? I wasn't able to get into Swamp Spot but that is the direction it looked like Solo fell?

I am in touch with Shasta Wildlife Rescue & they are advising me on how to proceed. She wants me to go back down in a few hours around 7pm and see if I can hear any calling at that point? She will come and help do a rescue if we feel that is what is best.
Kit said she can join me & we will do everything we can do, you can count on that!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: RitaR (offline) on Saturday, June 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM EDT  
RitaR

Hi Terri. Thank you for letting us know. Hope you and Kit can locate Solo on the 2nd try. I've heard no eagle sounds. Heard a few smaller birds but nothing from Solo or the parents.

Forum

Oregon Coast

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 01:12 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Hi Rita & All!

Thank you Rita for contacting me and letting me know that Solo had fallen! Not the news I wanted to hear, but not surprised to hear it either!

Kit & I went down there from 7:00-9:00 pm to try to get a visual on either Solo, or Liberty or Spirit. But, we weren't able to see or hear any of them.

I wanted to try to get down to Swamp Spot because I thought that would have given us the best visual to where Solo fell below the nest. We slowly worked our way through some very overgrown blackberry bushes, ouch! We almost made it to the end, and then it was simply impassable!

So, tomorrow morning, Mark & I are going to take a kayak and circle Eagle Island to see if we can spot Solo on the ground. We just need to make sure Solo didn't sustain any injuries when she fell? If she appears healthy, we will leave her be!

If she appears injured, we will work with Shasta Wildlife & Fish & Wildlife to coordinate rescue efforts.

Keep those positive thoughts coming!

I'll let you know what we see in the morning!
~Terri

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: RitaR (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 01:21 AM EDT  
RitaR

Thank you for letting us know Terri. Wishing you the best of luck in finding Solo in the morning. Had the cam up until it got dark. Still couldn't hear any noise from Solo. Just wind and road noise. Truly hope you can spot Solo in the morning.

Forum

Oregon Coast

Profile Email   PM

By: Carole (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 09:36 AM EDT  
Carole

Sunday, June 25 2017

Good Morning Terri, Rita & Redding Eagle Friends

Thank you Terri for going to the nest and searching for Solo.

To see both parents come to the nest has me a little concerned or they are enticing Solo to make it back to the nest.

5:30am ~ Liberty in the nest. She pokes around and leaves
Click on image to download

5:50am ~ Spirit brings a fish

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

By: Carole (offline) on Sunday, June 25 2017 @ 09:45 AM EDT  
Carole

Good Luck today Terri in your search for Solo. Sending lots of positive vibes that s/he will be found unharmed.

6:02am ~ Spirit flies off

Adult on lower branch

aka Cococat9

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 06:22 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate