You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, January 23 2015 @ 03:31 PM EST  
JudyB

Hi jaj910 - and welcome! wave

Here's a link to some of the ways to stop notifications - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=212292#212292 - please check and see if any help. If not, please let me know (either by posting here or by a PM) what thread or threads you're receiving notifications from, or if the issue is with notifications about PMs (personal messages).

Is the comment you are having trouble deleting in a thread, or is it a PM you sent to someone? Or is it on on the of the Chat sites? I don't know as much about those, but may be able to find someone to help with that, if that's part of what's happening.

Good luck - and happy eagle watching!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Tweety (offline) on Monday, February 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM EST  
Tweety

I watch the white rock Eagles nest on my Macs. Sometimes, like right now, I hear Indian Pop music blaring instead of the ambient sounds. I think this may be interference from a radio station. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there anything I can do to stop it?

I guess I could dance?

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, February 23 2015 @ 03:52 PM EST  
JudyB

Hi Tweety - and welcome!

I'm afraid dancing is the best option I've heard of so far. Our tech people are aware of the issue, and we have had this happen from time to time with other cams over the years - and it's very hard to filter it out.

We'll continue to try, and maybe there's something that can be added this summer, after the eagles have left and we can go nearer the nest - but for now I'm afraid there's not much we can do.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: scylla (offline) on Sunday, October 18 2015 @ 03:13 PM EDT  
scylla

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered multiple times, but I have tried searching the forum and searching this subforum but cannot find anything relevant.

How do we edit a post?

For example, a wee typo has caused one of my posts to go 'bold' halfway thru. I can correct it in the Edit screen, but when I Submit, the "Spam detected, post deleted" message comes up.

Is there a different button for submitting an edit? I can't see one.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, October 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM EDT  
JudyB

Hi scylla - and I'm sorry for frustration you're experiencing.

There are two things going on here. First, what you said is exactly how you edit a post - and just to make sure there isn't a third thing that I'm missing, would you try editing your post here and let me know if you can edit that one.

I'm guessing the second thing is that I'm guessing there's a link in your post with the extra bold, and I or one of the admins may need to add that to our "whitelist" of approved links. The forum software has an anti-spam filter, and assumes that links to any sites we haven't said are safe are spam. It allows a few links to a site it doesn't know, but at some point decides it's spam. If you provide a link to the post (right-click the icon that looks like a little piece of paper to the left of your name to get the URL of the post), I'll add the links to the safe list.

Hope this helps - and welcome!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, October 19 2015 @ 10:52 AM EDT  
JudyB

I think I found the problem - have to admit I hadn't heard of imgur before - and it does sound like an increasingly popular place for hosting images - so I have now added i.imgur.com and imgur.com to the white list!

You can also attach up to three images to a post and upload them to our site - see forum/viewtopic.php?topic=6#6. That's sometimes faster, and the forum software resizes the image in the post so it's not too wide (and you can click on that image to see the full size version of larger images).

I hope this solves the problem - if not, please let me know. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: scylla (offline) on Monday, October 19 2015 @ 04:45 PM EDT  
scylla

Thank you, Judy. Yes, Imgur is popular - I have found it's very quick compared to PhotoBucket, and one birdie site I post on a lot will only accept links in IMG+brackets, no uploads at all, so it makes all the difference when things are busy Smile

Thank you for fixing it for me.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: scylla (offline) on Wednesday, October 12 2016 @ 10:43 PM EDT  
scylla

Gosh! I'm the last poster here, nearly a year ago :o

PRIVATE MESSAGES

I've been trying to send a PM to a member but it stays in my Outbox, does not appear in Sent.

I hope you can help or explain, thanks a lot.

scylla Smile

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 12:57 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate