You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: Watcher in the Woods (offline) on Saturday, April 19 2014 @ 09:59 AM EDT  
Watcher in the Woods

Quote by: jkr

If you are having problems once you have logged into the website please post them here and one of the Admins or FA's will be happy to help. Smile

I am not able to get any sound from the While Rock nest. Is that normal?

"The way you do anything is the way you do everything"
Our support of HWF provides us the privilege of viewing this amazing process!

Forum

Halfmoon Bay,
Sunshine Coast, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, April 19 2014 @ 10:25 AM EDT  
JudyB

Unfortunately, yes. We seem to have an intermittent problem with sound at White Rock, and we haven't been able to fix it by adjusting anything we can reach during nesting season. The crew will be checking the mics and the wiring when they do the annual maintenance and upgrades in late summer/early fall while the eagles are away for the salmon runs.

The sound does work some of the time - so please keep trying!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Watcher in the Woods (offline) on Monday, April 21 2014 @ 05:06 PM EDT  
Watcher in the Woods

If you are having problems once you have logged into the website please post them here and one of the Admins or FA's will be happy to help. Smile

I do not get any images at the "high res" archives. Oh the shame

Is there something I need to do to fix that?Thank You

Forum

Halfmoon Bay,
Sunshine Coast, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Watcher in the Woods (offline) on Monday, April 21 2014 @ 05:10 PM EDT  
Watcher in the Woods

I cannot remember what my original password is, so I cannot change anything in my account. Can you let me know what my original password is so I can change it.Thank You

Forum

Halfmoon Bay,
Sunshine Coast, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, April 21 2014 @ 09:10 PM EDT  
JudyB

If you're posting here, you're logged in at HWF. I think (though I'm not sure) that Richard had to do something to add the day's images to the high-res archive place we can view - and I think no one has taken over that task since Richard passed away. I believe the information is still being recorded - and perhaps we should see what needs to be done to make it available - though I suspect everyone who may be able to do that will be busy with other things during the nesting season. But it definitely is something to investigate.

WildEarth does maintain an archive for most of our cams, at least for some period of time. We may need to write or provide links to some tutorials, but anyone can sign up for an account at WildEarth, and then make videomarks, which are sort of named segments of cam footage showing something of interest. I believe the long term plan at WildEarth is that anything included in a videomark will be saved permanently, but because the streams take up a huge amount of space, those segments not marked will eventually be deleted. I think.

And we cannot see your password, but if you aren't able to log in at some point, you can use the "I forgot my password" link, and you should be sent a link that will let you reset your password. If that doesn't work, one of us can reset it and send you a temporary password, which you can change as soon as you log in. The email for the admin team is forumadmin at hancockwildlife dot org (with the usual punctuation for email).

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: dskyyksd (offline) on Thursday, May 01 2014 @ 01:46 PM EDT  
dskyyksd

I can't find anywhere else more suited to post a comment about the ads in the new cam links, so I guess I'll post it here. The introductory ads are annoying but acceptable in that they go away from your presence never to bother you again. But the banner ad for the video converter tool is out of control. It ruins any opportunity to get good videos and is hardly what I would call "minimal" or "limited."

I'm not complaining about HWF, please understand. I know allowing the advertising is a necessary evil that you had to accept. But the folks that held your feet to the fire and forced us to disable Ad Blocker and watch their ads are overstepping their bounds. You should be able to X out of the banner ads and that be it, but they continue to pop up again, and far too frequently.

I'll continue to watch because I love your cams, but I think the ads are compromising the viewer experience more than they were supposed to. Mark me down with those who would gladly pay a few bucks a month to watch WildEarth cams ad-free, like Ustream and Africam. I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel as I do, especially if the advertisers are going to abuse the privilege of using your site to sell their products and services.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, May 03 2014 @ 08:35 PM EDT  
JudyB

Where are you seeing with banner ads, dskyyksd? I haven't seen a one since we switched to the new format for the cams. I thought we had all the cam links updated now - but if we missed something, please let me know. And please send me the link to the page where you're seeing banner ads so I can check into that.

Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, May 05 2014 @ 08:38 PM EDT  
karenbills

I don't see "banner ads" either but today the cams won't stay on for longer than a few minutes. So frustrating.

Member since 2006.

Forum

Langley, BC (Metro
Vancouver)

All times are EST. The time is now 01:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate