https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, April 23 2013 @ 09:18 AM EDT  
JudyB

Hmm - someone else mentioned having trouble posting a link to another thread - I think I'll check and make sure that Hancock Wildlife is still on the safe list for links! (I know you're not posting a link, Pam, but you are updating something, which the database might consider similar.)

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Hauntedtiger (offline) on Tuesday, April 23 2013 @ 12:07 PM EDT  
Hauntedtiger

Hi JudyB... I tried again, same thing. Let me know if you find anything out. Thanks!

Hauntedtiger AKA PamelaD
Mission, B.C.
Content Provider - Mission Eagles Nests

Forum

Mission, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, April 23 2013 @ 12:51 PM EDT  
JudyB

I just realized you include a website in your profile, Pam - I've now whitelisted www.artwanted.com/hauntedtiger, and I think that should solve the problem. If it doesn't, please let me know.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Hauntedtiger (offline) on Tuesday, April 23 2013 @ 01:21 PM EDT  
Hauntedtiger

I tried it with my Homepage Link.. no go.
I deleted the link to the Homepage and that worked.

I don't know what whitelisted means.. but I don't have a homepage link anymore.. I can live with that.

Thank You once again.. you are a tremendous help!

Hauntedtiger AKA PamelaD
Mission, B.C.
Content Provider - Mission Eagles Nests

Forum

Mission, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, April 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM EDT  
JudyB

The forum software assumes that all links posted more than a couple of times are spam. It's sort of a cynical world view - but has kept us from being overrun with ads for imitation purses and worse when a spammer does manage to sign in. We have to teach the software which sites we consider safe - by adding them to the white list. There is also a black list which we could use to keep people from posting even one link to a particular site. I've never used the black list, but regularly add links to the white list whenever someone lets us know that they can't post a link (and why they want to post the link, if it's not obvious - I'm not about to declare the fake handbag link safe unless I learn they're sponsoring one of our cams! Titter).

I don't know anything about artwanted.com, so tried to make only your page there safe - and that doesn't work as well as declaring the whole site safe. There are some types of art that I would consider not appropriate on a family-friendly forum, even though they may be very well done - I can think of some famous paintings I'd rather not have on the forum - and happily none of the ones that come immediately to mind feature eagles, so it's probably not going to become an issue! Smile

Hope this makes sense, Pam, and I'm happy you were able to update your signature.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Paula Czapiga (offline) on Friday, April 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM EDT  
Paula Czapiga

We did recently download the latest Adobe Flash. We did this hoping it would help with seeing the cams at Hancock Wildlife. I can see all U-Stream sites but not Lake of Ozarks, White Rock or any sites that are not on U-Stream. The advertisement starts to load and then freezes. If I click on live stream prior to the advertisement playing I get a big white box over the cam and cannot do anything else with the screen after that. There are no arrows available. Once, everything started to work for me again on the cams and then poof, the black screen freeze problem returned. Very frustrating.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: owliza (offline) on Sunday, May 05 2013 @ 09:40 PM EDT  
owliza

I want to post a couple of links of old ground observ. reports about gho's on the Random Owl nest and news thread. forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=293717 Tried a couple of times, with and without clickable links. No luck. It just reverts to a blank index. If I search my name, I get this error msg:

Click on image to download

This is with or without the link expressly set up as a link? Can anybody help? I really wanted to just pass on the articles to the Victoria GHO cam forum, but that was set up for observations, so came to this thread. I'm not blocked now, am I????

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, May 05 2013 @ 10:10 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi owliza! I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Are the links you're trying to post to items on the Hancock forum, or articles on another site? Am I understanding that you'd like to post the links on the Random Owl news thread? I apologize, but it's getting late here, and my brain has gone to bed ahead of the rest of me, I think. I think we should be able to get this sorted out fairly quickly once I'm a little clearer about what you're trying to do. Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:50 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate