Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: syrinx () on Thursday, April 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM EDT  
Anonymous: syrinx

Since the maintenance has been going on in the site, I haven't been getting my messages from the forums. When I go to correct the settings to "always notify" or whatever it states, rather than the "notify once" box that is ticked at present, I get an message stating the site is rejecting spam.

I have tried logging off and back on to see if that would recognize me as not being "spam" but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated at this crucial time in eaglet lives.

tia.....

By: richardpitt (offline) on Thursday, April 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM EDT  
richardpitt

Quote by: syrinx

Since the maintenance has been going on in the site, I haven't been getting my messages from the forums. When I go to correct the settings to "always notify" or whatever it states, rather than the "notify once" box that is ticked at present, I get an message stating the site is rejecting spam.

I have tried logging off and back on to see if that would recognize me as not being "spam" but that didn't work.

tia.....

The fact that I got a note from the system that you had posted this entry into the forum tells me that the forum -> email system is working as it should. In fact, I've been working on the server's email systems as a whole over the past couple of hours getting some monitoring software set up - and know for a fact that the email for this domain is working "just fine thanks" Smile (another one I'm having problems with - different story)

You say you're getting a "spam" message - not from our system - maybe from either your own mail client on your computer or from your ISP maybe? These we can't do anything about - you may need to put our system on a "whitelist" if that is the case.

If this is not the case and you think it is our system that is putting up a "spam" message - then please send a screen-cap of the message so I can see it - post it here.

richard

Executive Director:
Taking HWF to the next level

Forum Admin
Admin

Pitt Meadows BC -
40k from Vancouver

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: syrinx () on Tuesday, May 03 2011 @ 01:37 PM EDT  

Quote by: richardpitt

Quote by: syrinx

tia.....

If this is not the case and you think it is our system that is putting up a "spam" message - then please send a screen-cap of the message so I can see it - post it here.
richard

Hi Richard. It corrected itself as I started receiving every message from all public forums but the original "spam" message was coming up when I was trying to adjust preferences. I now have my granddaughter coming to stay with mono and I won't have time for all these messages so want to read online, and the same thing is happening again. It is happening on your forum, not coming to my email address:
Click on image to download

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, May 03 2011 @ 07:50 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi, syrinx!

I hope you don't mind that I changed your IMG tags to FILE tags so the attached image is visible.

That message usually means that you're trying to attach a link to a website that's not on our "whitelist" of safe sites. If you're doing anything that has a link to a website involved, you probably need to let one of us know the URL so we can add it to the safe list.

Unfortunately you may not be able to PM me with the link because the PM might get deleted - some people have got around that by putting the parts on several lines - like

www.
hanco
ckwildl
ife.
org

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll PM you my email address.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: syrinx () on Tuesday, May 03 2011 @ 11:00 PM EDT  

Quote by: JudyB

Hi, syrinx!

I hope you don't mind that I changed your IMG tags to FILE tags so the attached image is visible.

That message usually means that you're trying to attach a link to a website that's not on our "whitelist" of safe sites. If you're doing anything that has a link to a website involved, you probably need to let one of us know the URL so we can add it to the safe list.

Unfortunately you may not be able to PM me with the link because the PM might get deleted - some people have got around that by putting the parts on several lines - like

www.
hanco
ckwildl
ife.
org

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll PM you my email address.

Hi JudyB; I am still having a problem with tons of emails even though I have tried to remove instructions to send messages to my email address. I did log off and back on and still got the same error message as the one above in spite of again trying to delete any ticks involved in sending messages to my email address. This is extremely frustrating under the circumstances so whatever you can do to help I would appreciate. I don't think I have an email address for you?

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, May 04 2011 @ 07:37 AM EDT  
JudyB

Syrinx, I've sent you a PM.

Have you tried using the Subscriptions tab near the top of the page to remove notifications:
Click on image to download

You may need to look at the various drop down lists to find them all (I think Topic Notifications is showing in my s'cap) and use the Remove box to get rid of those you don't want. I'm late for work so can't provide any more detailed instructions at the moment.

Good luck!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: PacNorWest (offline) on Friday, May 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM EDT  
PacNorWest

I have been trying to PM soph9 and JudyB, but the messages are stuck in my "Outbox". I get the "message successfully sent" blue bar notice, but they go to my "Outbox" and never get sent. HELP !! Anyway, if either of you see this, please try to PM or email me. Thanks !!

Doug
Bellingham, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, May 13 2011 @ 11:02 PM EDT  
JudyB

PM coming, Doug. I've been away from my computer for much of the evening so am just now seeing your message, and I'm guessing soph9 is also not online. I believe messages stay in your Outbox until the recipient opens them - though they might move to "sent" when the recipient brings up a forum window.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 04:02 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate