https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, July 13 2010 @ 03:34 PM EDT  
nightowl

Nobody has mentioned it, so maye it's just me, but since the server switch, this forum has been even slower than before. From the time I hit 'reply' til I'm able to type is almost a full minute. The same thing when I try to get into a sub forum or hit 'submit'...a full minute. This is happening even with threads with no or minimal pictures.

I honestly don't think it's this computer, even though I've done a disk clean up, defrag, and cleared my cache. I even rebooted to no avail. I have no option to use FireFox on this computer, only IE. It only happens with this forum. Frustration Rant:

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Tuesday, July 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM EDT  
Velma Flann

No problems like that here Nightowl. Only seconds to post after post reply and the same with submit. I am using Firefox though. I haven't tried with IE but could to see if there's a difference.

IE is a little slower to open a thread, but not too much slower.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Tuesday, July 13 2010 @ 05:25 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Hi nightowl... no serious delays for me with forum pages loading using IE7. I suspect my experience is rather like Velma's. not zippy-quick but not what you describe.

I can say though that I DO notice it will slow down if I have incoming email. Richard mentioned that once Waaaaayyy back as a possible reason for slow response from the forum. I had my email set to check for messages every 5 minutes and sure enough when I paid attention forum delay was worst when I had incoming mall. Now during Cam season I set my email to check every 20 minutes and while I still note it is slow when email is arriving It isn't as bad.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, July 13 2010 @ 05:29 PM EDT  
JudyB

Interesting hint, Terry - thanks! I didn't remember that.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Tuesday, July 13 2010 @ 06:05 PM EDT  
Pat B

Quote by: Birdsie

Thank you JudyB for the darling wave wave it is adorable!

I love these, too Bash computer ... Frustration ... Rant: ... Don't Panic ... Wooh

Ah! an eagle! Sitting eagle hooooray!

And, Pat, if that is you out there organizing them--you did a great job--thanks!

Thank you Birdsie Grin
You can thank jkr for the eagle - she didn't have time to pop it in herself - so passed it to me!!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, July 13 2010 @ 06:23 PM EDT  
nightowl

Thanks Terry! BUT I don't even have my email open. Does that matter? In fact, I'm notorious for forgetting to check it for days at a time. :oops: I finally found out I'm using IE8 on this thang. (still on the loaner, that I've nicknamed 'lightning' cause it's so fast....except here. LOL )

I have 6 windows open, including FreeCell, the forum, and the Hornby cam. Anything else is fine and goes like lightning. :dunno:

Thanks jkr for the eagle smilie. Left thumb up

ETA...

Well, the forum is back to it's normal speed for me. Phew Go figure.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Thursday, July 15 2010 @ 01:47 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Birdsie

Quote by: terrytvgal

Quote by: beans

What is a security token failure error screen? I get that when trying to send a private message. I'm logged in and the message has a subject. Puzzled

Most of the time it just means you've taken too long to compose the PM. Usually all you need to do is hit submit again and it will go through. wave

Beans and Terry--
I had this problem for weeks at the beginning of this new website.

The problem can also be a setting on your security system--my problem was a setting in Zone Alarms. If you are still having the trouble let me know and I'll find my post about how to fix it.

By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Thursday, July 15 2010 @ 01:51 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Birdsie

Quote by: beans

What is a security token failure error screen? I get that when trying to send a private message. I'm logged in and the message has a subject. Puzzled

Beans--let me know if you are still having the problem--and I can tell you what I did about it. Terry is right, however, most of the time it occurs when a person takes a long time to write a PM. If you get it, try to send the PM again by clicking "submit" again and it usually goes. I think I've had to try up to three times to get it to post--and it usually does--unless you have a problem setting in your security program--which I can tell you more about if you need to know.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:14 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate