You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: yalitldevl (offline) on Friday, February 12 2010 @ 02:17 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Hi Pat wave

One of our EA posters had the same thing. I had her go to “Account Settings” then go to “Username and Password” and make sure she has a 1 beside “remember me for” that will signify 1 month and it can be changed by clicking the little arrow beside it

Click on image to download

Wow Bluee that's an odd one! yeesh

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Friday, February 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM EST  
Velma Flann

One of the posters on the Daily Beat, told me that she had problems staying logged in on both the old forum and this one if she used IE rather than FireFox. With FF she has had no problems.

I have never had a problem with having to log back in since I read the directions :oops: and realized that I had to put in my password to make the change to 1 month. since then I have not had to log in. I also use FireFox and have vista.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: BBE (offline) on Monday, February 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM EST  
BBE

Left thumb up Left thumb up I have not touched any of my settings here for at least two weeks. Maybe Richard & Co. have tinkered with the board :question: ; as I have stayed logged in for two days Shh

Richard if you tweaked the sytem Thank You

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, February 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM EST  
nightowl

OK, I've seen this problem posted before, but I can't remember where.

While making obs in Hornby, when I get to the bottom of the original reply box, and the scroll bar on the right shows up, the text starts jumping up and down with every keystroke. I'm typing below the reply box, and can't see what I'm typing. I've tried using the scroll bar, but the jumping continues, and goes back to the bottom of the original reply box. I hope my description is clear of what is happening.

This could be an IE problem....maybe. (I'm on a 'loaner' and it doesn't have FireFox on it for me to try it out...and I was instructed 'NO downloads' )

If this is a software problem, it's going to be difficult to make cohesive obs without stopping one post and making another.

If you can help, thanks! Even if you can't , thanks for trying!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, February 16 2010 @ 10:15 PM EST  
JudyB

BBE - Richard did try a different setting that may help people stay logged in. I hope it will continue to work for you! Smile

Nightowl, I know there's a fix in the works for the problem where the typing box jumps to the top if you apply formatting or insert a smiley - I don't know if it will help with the problem you describe. Is it better if you have the reply window maximized? (Knowing that none of us do that, because then we can't see the cams - but as a test. Roll eyes) I'll try to add that to the next request for updates unless someone remembers a fix that works.

As a general thought, when I'm compiling lists of problems, the first place I look is the Things that Don't Work Like We Think they Should thread in the "Welcome to the Forum" area - so there's a better chance that problems will end up on the list for the folks at glFusion to work on if you also post them there. I do try to check other likely places - but don't always catch them all. Thanks!
Thank You

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: BBE (offline) on Tuesday, February 16 2010 @ 10:22 PM EST  
BBE

Hi Nightowl,

This happened on another Forum. The solution seemed to be to press the enter key several times so you have a large area to post in. Then when finished typing use the delete key to tighten the post up before submitting.

Judy B - three days now and I'm still logged in. Shh Shh Left thumb up

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, February 16 2010 @ 10:31 PM EST  
nightowl

Thanks JudyB and BBE!

I will certainly give that a try Ann.

Judy, as soon as I posted in this thread, I remembered the other 'things that don't work' thread, but didn't want to seem redundant, so didn't repost it there. :oops:

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: DoxieMom19 (offline) on Wednesday, February 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM EST  
DoxieMom19

Help, I can not attach files to my posts this morning!

Any help would be appreciated!

~~ Live Well ~~ Laugh Often ~~ Love Much ~~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 12:02 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate