You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: DoxieMom19 (offline) on Friday, February 05 2010 @ 11:47 AM EST  
DoxieMom19

Quote by: JudyB

Update - I added the main address for flickr - see if you can post now, pandalover19. If not, please send me the URL as a pm on the old forum. I don't use flickr so am not sure how account names are set up. Thanks.

I posted successfully!! Thank you so much for the assist JudyB!!!Smile

~~ Live Well ~~ Laugh Often ~~ Love Much ~~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Friday, February 05 2010 @ 12:13 PM EST  
Anonymous: Birdsie

PM sending Failure

I'm still unable to send a PM.....any ideas what to do?? "security token failure" is the message that pops up in a red banner. Even a quick 2 word PM doesn't go.....thanks for your thoughts......

By: Pat B (offline) on Friday, February 05 2010 @ 12:28 PM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: Birdsie

PM sending Failure

I'm still unable to send a PM.....any ideas what to do?? "security token failure" is the message that pops up in a red banner. Even a quick 2 word PM doesn't go.....thanks for your thoughts......

Hi Birdsie
I actually had one of those yesterday - for the first time - I kept coming back to it and clicking on 'Retry' - and after 4 goes it accepted my pm!
But I'm no nearer to knowing why Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Saturday, February 06 2010 @ 02:56 AM EST  

Pat/PEB--
Thank you....I'll try again tomorrow and just keep punching the send button! Thank You

By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Sunday, February 07 2010 @ 01:18 AM EST  

Not to belabor the point, sigh sign
but some people, on their official "Registered" date have dates that are as far back as 2006.

How do/did they do that? Can we all change ours to our original sign-up date--or is it just for certain people who help take care of and volunteer help with the website?

I can live with it--but am curious. Wink

By: nightowl (offline) on Sunday, February 07 2010 @ 02:10 AM EST  
nightowl

Hi Birdsie!wave

To my knowledge, there is no way to change the date you registered....not even as volunteers can we do that. Those of us that have 2006 in ours, actually did register then, but I don't think anyone's date is completely correct. (mine isn't...I joined HWF 8/22/06, but joined the original forum 5/9/06)

Since the old forum and the Media Gallery were different entities, this forum uses the date you registered for the MG as the registered date, and this forum is integrated with the MG. If you registered in the MG in 2006, 2007, etc. that is the date it shows. If you never registered in the MG, the date you signed up here is the date that shows. (personally, I don't remember signing up for the MG, but obviously I did at some point) That's why (as I see you did) people are putting 'member since' in their sig lines.

Hope that makes sense.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, February 07 2010 @ 01:49 PM EST  
JudyB

Nightowl is right - we've asked Richard, and it's a major task, involving manual changes at the underlying database level. Sad

I am one of the "lucky" ones - back before there was a Hancock forum, there was a very basic sort of comment function on the website - sort of like commenting on an article in the Wildlife News, and I registered on the website so I could add a comment there. No special privileges.

It's definitely not a requirement - but I'm guessing a lot of the volunteers have been posting pictures and videos for a long time - and images from the Hancock cams are supposed to be stored in the Media Gallery - which may be why a number of the volunteers do have fairly early registration dates.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: Birdsie () on Sunday, February 07 2010 @ 02:29 PM EST  

Thank You Nightowl and JudyB, thank you--that makes complete sense. I can definitely live with it!

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:33 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate