The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: terrytvgal (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 01:21 AM EST  
terrytvgal

Quote by: yalitldevl

Well I found a new one for you, now how to explain it. I am making a posh link and I have done the first url code and pasted in the link with this ] after it to put my words in to be posh before the closing code. I was making a link to youtube and once I had pasted the link in and put that bracket the software did what appeared to be spell check and changed a capital to a small letter. Now we all know that canít happen because the link wonít work and it didnít. Did you get that, I mean did that make sense to you?

The address in part looked something like this just a bunch of letters PLamxiz weíll say, all that matters is there were two capitals at the beginning of it. When I put in the ] bracket to type in my description It turned the capital L to a small l on itís own.

So, can somebody ask GIFusion if a spell checker is part of the software and if it is can they disable for links and if they canít just disable for links can they get rid of it? It's really hard to catch so it can't be doing that Cool

Can you give a link to the post where this happened, Lori? I find I need to see stuff like this before I can make any sense of what's going on. a s'cap would be just fine too.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 11:48 AM EST  
yalitldevl

BBE Iím really glad you did that post cause it will help with Terryís request of me, thank you. I was hopping all over the place and now I donít know which link did it but I can use BBEís post to explain.

BBE didnít experience the problem because the last part before the ] where the posh words go is wildearth. (wildearth]) The software found nothing wrong with that.

Now picture mine as I explained, take out BBEís wildearth as the ending of the url and put in mine (PBablahblah]) which was just a jumble of letters with the first 2 being capitals. That is where the correction occurred turning the 2nd capital into a small which made the link null and void.

Mine was a link to youtube if you check any of the youtube links you'll see they end with a jumble of letters more often than not

Do you get it that way?

Ok I'm back I found the link it did it to. So I'm going to just put the raw link and let you guys try to make it posh and see what happens. It should go to a video I made of Lily with her cub where I captured his little sounds and not so little sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_RPuyfyks <---note the capital RP as it's imperitive for it to work

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 12:14 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Sounds from the New Cub
Worked for me Lori.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 12:18 PM EST  
jkr

Quote by: yalitldevl

Ok I'm back I found the link it did it to. So I'm going to just put the raw link and let you guys try to make it posh and see what happens. It should go to a video I made of Lily with her cub where I captured his little sounds and not so little sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_RPuyfyks <---note the capital RP as it's imperitive for it to work

Lori it works fine for me. The letters in the url didn't change from upper to lower case. I think it may be your browser spell checker causing the problem.
Is there a preference file for it so that you can change it's settings ?

You Tube Video

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: BBE (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM EST  
BBE

G'day yalitldevl,

I just 'poshed' the link < http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_RPuyfyks > on the Practice thread. No problem.
Left thumb up

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM EST  
terrytvgal

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Wednesday, January 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Well Iíll be jiggered you guys. Puzzled I checked the browser tools Judy and I canít see where itís mentioned anywhere about a spell checker. I guess Iíll just have to be extra aware is all.

I should add too when I put the ] bracket after the web address I caught a slight shift which should have clued me in so thatís all I have to watch for. No big deal really.

Thanks Velma, Judy, BBE and Terry for showing me itís just me not the software. You guys are the best love

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: BBE (offline) on Saturday, January 30 2010 @ 02:46 AM EST  
BBE

Any more ideas / thoughts about the log-in situation (even if marked as 'remember me for 1 month'Wink ? Friday I was on and off my computer (as in shut it down x 3). Each time I turned it back on and came here I had to log-in.

Help emo

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:39 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate