Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM EST  
jkr

Quote by: BBE

Added at 5:49 pm PST
Someone will shoot me yet Roll eyes

On the African Wildlife thread forum/index.php?forum=26 we are currently posting on page 13. When I have my computer screen open as far as it will go; and even if I clickon the last dot following '9' it only goes t0 page 10 ??

Off to wrestle with My Forum Preferences - even though I have touched nothing since yesterday, I had to log in and can't see any posts undermine when I am posting Puzzled

Have a good weekend.

Interesting discovery Ann. I'm sure that's the default of how the forum works but it will be a nuisance for threads that can run 100's of pages.
Good question to add to Richard's list of things to take a looks at.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 10:55 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Hi Everybody

I just found another wee bug. It has to do with the little white page I've marked in the pic below. What that is suppose to do is give you the url address to that specific post so you can send people to it. I just went to use it to give it to Judyb and it took me to the last post of our EA thread which was 7 pages away. I had to go back and find it again.
Click on image to download

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 11:30 PM EST  
jkr

Quote by: yalitldevl

Hi Everybody

I just found another wee bug. It has to do with the little white page I've marked in the pic below. What that is suppose to do is give you the url address to that specific post so you can send people to it. I just went to use it to give it to Judyb and it took me to the last post of our EA thread which was 7 pages away. I had to go back and find it again.

Lori I haven't had a problem with it and the url's that people have given me have gone to the posts they've linked them to.
I'm not sure why it didn't work for you.

My suggestion for now is to an eye out for anyone else who may be having that problem as well so that we can figure out if there's something not working quite right in the software.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM EST  
yalitldevl

ok thanks Judy, will do Titter

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Frog_Barf () on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 11:38 PM EST  
Anonymous: Frog_Barf

When you bring up the list of threads, if a thread has more than one page it shows e.g.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

when there are in fact 19 pages. It takes a couple more page accesses before you are positioned at the last page.

The old software did something like Page: 1...17 18 19 so you could go directly to the last (most recent) page.

Cookies: I asked in the old forum about which domain(s) cookies had to be enabled for, but I never got an answer.

It turns out that all the cookies set are under domain hancockwildlife.org, so for those using Firefox or any other browser that allows you to control cookies domain by domain, that's the one to allow cookies for.

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 11:47 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Hi Frog nice to see you and good and valid point about the page numbers.

Now as to my last posted issue, I'd appreciate it if a few of you would go to the first post by Jkr here in this thread and click on that little page and see what happens. I just did it and it brought me to this page at the top at Nightowl's post to me :dunno:

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM EST  
jkr

Quote by: Frog_Barf

When you bring up the list of threads, if a thread has more than one page it shows e.g.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

when there are in fact 19 pages. It takes a couple more page accesses before you are positioned at the last page.

The old software did something like Page: 1...17 18 19 so you could go directly to the last (most recent) page.

Frog_Barf, BBE also brought up that point and I'm sending that information to Richard to see if there's something in the settings that he has access to which I don't see in the Forum Configurations.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: BBE (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 12:02 AM EST  
BBE

jkr, thank you for adding my question (about going to last page in a thread via the main index) to Richard's 'To Do' list.

Could also ask him about the scroll bar missing a 'smidge' as TerryTVG put it (she has the same problem) when making new or editing a previous post?

Will you please thank Richard from me for blocking the ad with large lady.

P.S. Update:
Since you helped me to enable seeing others posts under mine when I'm making a new one; they worked for 24 hours and now if I see one I am lucky. I have not changed the Forum Prefs in my account settings ??

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:52 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate