https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Lake Washington, Washington - Bald Eagle Cam - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, April 26 2010 @ 01:19 PM EDT  
JudyB

There was a post last year from Tom Otto who did the maintenance on the cam last year - link is http://discuss.hancockwildlifechannel.o ... 55#p408555. He has a video of the maintenance posted there - my break's almost over so I don't have time to check to see if there are any additional clues. I have visited that general area, but haven't spent enough time there to sort out what is where - though I knew the lake was near Seattle - and I know the cam is facing east as we occasionally see the sun come up. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: wamwood () on Wednesday, April 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM EDT  
Anonymous: wamwood

7AM- just tuned in to see adult standing just to left of bowl, looking out over the lake. Could see 2 bobbles bobbling about. Then Ma? settled down over them to brood.

By: Anonymous: wamwood () on Monday, May 03 2010 @ 06:17 PM EDT  

3:10PM- just tuned in to see adult at 11:00 feeding the bobbles. Looks like one is getting the majority of the food. The second adult on what I would call the balcony (big branch beyond the nest toward lake).

By: soph9 (offline) on Monday, May 03 2010 @ 09:08 PM EDT  
soph9

it's very windy at the nest as it is all over the Pacific Northwest.....looks like dad is sticking around to make sure everything remains OKLeft thumb up

Click on image to download

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: wamwood () on Tuesday, May 04 2010 @ 12:37 PM EDT  

Tuned in at 9:24 to see feeding in progress. Adult feeding both 'lets from 11:00 position. #1 seemed to be getting most of it, but I did see #2 get some bites. #2 was mostly keeping low; #1 was reaching waaay up and thus snagged more. Feeding ended at 9:31 and adult settled back over 'lets, facing 2:00. Weather is clear and cool, a bit breezy, but nothing like we had the past couple days. Hope the hail we got yesterday 3 times (!) missed the nest.

By: Anonymous: wamwood () on Tuesday, May 04 2010 @ 05:28 PM EDT  

2:23PM- back to see another feeding in progress. Both 'lets up and being fed pretty equally. Winds at the nest seem calm, tho they're picking up at my house about 15 miles east of nest. Thunderstorms possible this afternoon.

2:36- feeding over, adult beginning to settle over 'lets with tail towards camera. Cam keeps freezing. 2:40- Still not quite settled- rockin' over the babes facing 3:00; may be pulling nest material closer to 'lets to tuck them in.
Out out for awhile

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 01:18 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks for the updates, wamwood! I got a couple of s'caps yesterday, but ran out of time last night so didn't get them posted. The older chick is two weeks old today - amazing how fast time flies! Grin

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: wamwood () on Friday, May 07 2010 @ 12:42 PM EDT  

9:39AM- A beautiful day in the neighborhood! Sunny, barely a breeze. Mom/Dad is preening on the balcony; 'lets snoozing in the bowl, popping a head up once in awhile.

All times are EST. The time is now 02:16 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate