See You There!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Vicki Byrum (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:37 AM EDT  
Vicki Byrum

Quote by: Julie2000

Good morning everyone!

This is my very first post on any of the HWF forums. I found this place a few months ago. and have so enjoyed all of your updates, nest activity posts, scaps and videos. It is my first season watching Eagles. I got hooked on E9 from his very first day, and feel so lucky that E9, Harriet and M15 are my first Eagle family! It's hard to imagine a better Eagle family. I have learned so much about Eagles from everyone that posts here. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and your joy and love of Eagles. I have found myself checking in on E9 first thing when I wake up and last thing before I go to sleep, and many times in between.

I have a very newbie question - I hope it is OK to ask it here. I see many posts referencing a live chat, but I don't know where to find it. It doesn't seem to be part of this site, and I don't see it on the Pritchett web page where I access the live cams. Would someone be so kind as to post a direct link for me to find the live chat?

Thank you to all of you that have posted here and given me this new-found joy of these magnificent Eagles. I just love these Eagles, and although he is my first eaglet, I somehow know E9 is a particularly special one. (S)He has just completely stolen my heart! Red Heart

Julie, it's on the same page as the live cam page, over to the right of the page. It says, "Click to load chat." Maybe if you're using a smaller device it would be elsewhere? Chat is open when there are moderators available, not at set times. Usually twice a day for a couple hours. Link: http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html#

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: rainna4 (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:47 AM EDT  
rainna4

As we start the new chapter of "Tough Love" as with all teenagers right?, Harriet and M15 need e9 to start following them away from the nest area in the mornings. He did this once but turned around and came right back. E9 needs to watch and learn from the parents, he hasn't even gone way up in the sky flying yet to my knowledge, you know where the eagle is the only bird that will fly above a storm until it passes. Learning what the land looks like from above, learning to fly with the vultures as this will be his main source of food in the years to follow, eating dead findings by following the vultures, learning to steal food, learning to follow H & M back to the nest with a fish.
So many more lessons to learn and so little time left before nature calls h/she into the wild without H or M. I believe that the parents are in high gear now to teach as much as they can and stubborn baby isn't on the plate any longer. It's time to get that college degree now. I for one am happy that H & M seem to be doing the tough love thing with our stubborn (which will serve h/she well as an adult) eagle teenager. You know what I'm going to say and I will keep saying it cause next season it will be all you wonderful new folks saying then to the next group of newbies: Trust the Eagles

Have a great eagle day and enjoy now because the sightings and goings on at the nest area will be fewer and fewer in the next few weeks, and that is what we want!

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.
author unknown
AKA: Sandy D

Forum

Wisconsin

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:51 AM EDT  
Journi

Good Morning E9 and H&M....AND to us nest chatters! wave
First thing I did before I even got out of bed was to check to see where E9 and H&M are! So, it's my understanding that E9 and H&M have all been accounted for? After I get a some coffee I will take the time to check out all of your reports here and in the other forum.

I am going to make sure I'm in the chatters nest each time before I post from now on! Didn't mean to post/chat about that boy chasing E9 over there....I thought I was in the chatters nest! I'm going to spend most of my time here in the Chatters Nest and just read what is posted in the other forum. It's just going to be easier that way, for me, to post my thoughts, emotions and observations here where it belongs. It's good to know that there is a place for us "chatters" to just gather together freely as we all trust and learn from the eagles...and, then, be here to support each other as our heart-strings are tugged in so many different directions! hug

Looking forward to today's learning journey for E9!

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: idauria (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:53 AM EDT  
idauria

Good morning eagle lovers! I, just like all of you, have been enjoying watching this family the past couple of months. It will be bittersweet for sure when E9 takes that final flight from the nest. But, just think that we get to watch it all over again come October/November!

Fyi, The First Lady over at DC eagle cam should have hatchlings any day now! dceaglecam.org

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: monilovegl11 (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:53 AM EDT  
monilovegl11

Quote by: Vicki Byrum

Quote by: Julie2000

Good morning everyone!

This is my very first post on any of the HWF forums. I found this place a few months ago. and have so enjoyed all of your updates, nest activity posts, scaps and videos. It is my first season watching Eagles. I got hooked on E9 from his very first day, and feel so lucky that E9, Harriet and M15 are my first Eagle family! It's hard to imagine a better Eagle family. I have learned so much about Eagles from everyone that posts here. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and your joy and love of Eagles. I have found myself checking in on E9 first thing when I wake up and last thing before I go to sleep, and many times in between.

I have a very newbie question - I hope it is OK to ask it here. I see many posts referencing a live chat, but I don't know where to find it. It doesn't seem to be part of this site, and I don't see it on the Pritchett web page where I access the live cams. Would someone be so kind as to post a direct link for me to find the live chat?

Thank you to all of you that have posted here and given me this new-found joy of these magnificent Eagles. I just love these Eagles, and although he is my first eaglet, I somehow know E9 is a particularly special one. (S)He has just completely stolen my heart! Red Heart

Julie, it's on the same page as the live cam page, over to the right of the page. It says, "Click to load chat." Maybe if you're using a smaller device it would be elsewhere? Chat is open when there are moderators available, not at set times. Usually twice a day for a couple hours. Link: http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html#

Also check Chatroll Archives find it great when things move quickly past me, mods are great with info. Very kind in answering questions from newbies. Chat opens when a mod is avail. Usually mid day and usually at 7pm. I have my days and nights switched so I love it there😄

On The Wings Of An Eagle
Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:54 AM EDT  
Sandy_W

Yes, rainna, I for one maybe will need the "hard tough love" reminders of what is to come. After all, our wish is the eagle way and that is for E to soar into a wonderful eagle life with as many lessons learned from M & H as possible.

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: rainna4 (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 09:21 AM EDT  
rainna4

Thanks Sandy, and yes I understand it's very hard to do, but easy to say. You are right, the more h/she learns now the better the odds are of making it to a beautiful majestic adult.

rainna4

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.
author unknown
AKA: Sandy D

Forum

Wisconsin

Profile Email   PM

By: Journi (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 09:29 AM EDT  
Journi

I agree with you guys about the "tough-love" lessons that E9 will have to learn.Red Heart...and, then, once E9 leaves....I WILL need the reminders and support from you guys! Never thought I'd be feeling so many emotions about all of this - never have watched a live eagle cam before!

So....I just have to remind myself that E9's life and life's journey is what we can celebrate...and, then, send E9 love-kisses to the wind each time I feel the wind upon my face.

So....E9....may you feel the love, from all of us, through out your entire life each time you feel the wind upon your beautiful face! Sitting eagleWub

I know now E9 that you trust the wind beneath your wings! Fly high into the sky - you can do it! Your spirit will lead the way!

Oh how I loved feeling the wind beneath my wings that helped me soar to see new and wonderful things! ~Journi 3/15/17 (Written for E9's first flight. )
E9, I feel your eagle spirit with me everyday! > #1 E9 Fan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My avatar photo is from the SWFEC live cam.

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:55 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate