https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 EAGLE Chatters Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Sandy_W (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 07:56 AM EDT  
Sandy_W

Vicki, I am wondering if we are in a new phase of teaching. Mom and Dad giving our sweet one time to grow on his own but more than likely staying bit close out of view.

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Vicki Byrum (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:08 AM EDT  
Vicki Byrum

I hope so, Sandy_W. I'm just a bit concerned because I watched all day yesterday and didn't see M. Hopefully this is just a lesson. If anyone knows of another time where H & M spent the night away from the area, I'd like to hear about it. Anyone?

I found this on the chatroll, thanks. Great news!

"Mar 24 2017, 6:57 AM

dadsjazz: E9 perched on the outer branch all night and is currently in the large oak tree behind the pond . Per wskrsnwings: At 7:36am bobmcl reports: yay. I now have both adults here at the poles."

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Blonde4938 (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:15 AM EDT  
Blonde4938

E9 is eating something in the tree anyone see what it is?

Always Remember: Eagles come in all shape and sizes, but you will recognize them (E9) chiefly by their (E9's) attitudes.
-E. F. Schumacher

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Vicki Byrum (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:24 AM EDT  
Vicki Byrum

DIfficult to see due to the distance from the camera for the zoomed in picture of E9, but I don't think he's eating, just playing with moss or bark. I watched him fly from the nest tree to where he is now.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:25 AM EDT  
Sandy_W

Vicki, I am trying as always to understand the eagle way. Thinking of after Hope fledged from the NEFlorida nest and Romeo wasn't seen too often. Using that experience to work through this possible curve ball. Read somewhere (boy, can't remember where) that H and M won't been seen as often but will drop off food at the nest. So maybe we are in this time frame.

“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown
Thou art an eagle, thou doest belong to the sky and not to the earth, stretch forth thy wings and fly." ~ Paul H Dunn~

Things I am learning: Trust the Eagles, All in Eagle Time, and go to the No Worry Zone

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Sandy_W (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:27 AM EDT  
Sandy_W

Quote by: Vicki Byrum

I hope so, Sandy_W. I'm just a bit concerned because I watched all day yesterday and didn't see M. Hopefully this is just a lesson. If anyone knows of another time where H & M spent the night away from the area, I'd like to hear about it. Anyone?

I found this on the chatroll, thanks. Great news!

"Mar 24 2017, 6:57 AM

dadsjazz: E9 perched on the outer branch all night and is currently in the large oak tree behind the pond . Per wskrsnwings: At 7:36am bobmcl reports: yay. I now have both adults here at the poles."

Woohoo love our ground observers. They sure take care of our concerns, Don't they!

Forum

Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: Julie2000 (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:32 AM EDT  
Julie2000

Good morning everyone!

This is my very first post on any of the HWF forums. I found this place a few months ago. and have so enjoyed all of your updates, nest activity posts, scaps and videos. It is my first season watching Eagles. I got hooked on E9 from his very first day, and feel so lucky that E9, Harriet and M15 are my first Eagle family! It's hard to imagine a better Eagle family. I have learned so much about Eagles from everyone that posts here. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and your joy and love of Eagles. I have found myself checking in on E9 first thing when I wake up and last thing before I go to sleep, and many times in between.

I have a very newbie question - I hope it is OK to ask it here. I see many posts referencing a live chat, but I don't know where to find it. It doesn't seem to be part of this site, and I don't see it on the Pritchett web page where I access the live cams. Would someone be so kind as to post a direct link for me to find the live chat?

Thank you to all of you that have posted here and given me this new-found joy of these magnificent Eagles. I just love these Eagles, and although he is my first eaglet, I somehow know E9 is a particularly special one. (S)He has just completely stolen my heart! Red Heart

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Vicki Byrum (offline) on Friday, March 24 2017 @ 08:33 AM EDT  
Vicki Byrum

You're right, Sandy! Thanks for the reminder. E9 is so independent now.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate